PDA

View Full Version : Lookin' for a gooseneck flatbed in N. Texas...

SparkyTX
05-19-2003, 12:39
Well, I pick up the rig sometime this week. Now I need to geta trailer. I have got some lines on some new ones and a couple of used ones, but I am looking for more used ones.

Anyone got any recommendations on how to locate used gooseneck flatbed trailers other than the local classifieds? I have never bought a trailer like this before, so I am not sure where to look.

In case anyone has any leads, I looking for something in the 20-25' range plus dovetail (preferably) and dual 7k single wheel axles with brakes. New ones seem to be around $4k with the used ones I have found around $3300. Prefer N. Texas area, but willing to drive if price is right.

Thoughts?

DmaxCC6spd
05-19-2003, 13:16
Try http://www.freetrailerads.com/

I found this link from the H&H Trailer website.

Just Ranchin
05-19-2003, 17:32
The best prices I have seen on trailers is at WWW.route2trailer.com. They sell new for what most poeple want used. 25' Tandem dovetail $3298. 25' Tandem dual $4948. I plan to purchase one as soon as I get the cash. If you buy one let me know how you like it.

TPIJeep
05-19-2003, 18:13
Ranchin,

The link for the trailer place doesn't work, I too am looking for a 30+ gooseneck in North Louisiana.

Thanks,

Mark

stxfarmer
05-19-2003, 19:41
I have a 32' pierced beam, torque tube, 5' dovetail, locking toolbox, popup between ramps, gooseneck that I paid $6500. I got it at Legend Trailers in Athens, Tx. Mr Sims builds a great trailer and is very easy to work with. I priced this trailer for about 6 months before I found Mr. Sims and it was about $3000 more any other place for less of a trailer. I would call him if you are looking for anything to pull, not a better person with a better deal. By the way I drove over 400 miles to get this trailer because the deal was better than any other place. He has a web site "legendtrailer" if you want to look.

[ 05-19-2003: Message edited by: stxfarmer ]

[ 05-19-2003: Message edited by: stxfarmer ]</p>

Just Ranchin
05-20-2003, 16:27
Sorry about the bad link. I forgot the "s". The link is www.route2trailers.com

johnpugh
05-20-2003, 22:45
This may be out of your way, but Lufkin Trailers in Lufkin, TX may take in trades...or not...

In our old business, we had a 24' Lufkin G/N that hauled lumber and building materials all around my old home town. The trailer was equiped with vacuum over hydraulic brakes and had its own vacuum reservoir.

We yanked that thing around with a 1977 GMC 1-Ton with a 350 gasser and a 4 speed granny. Man those glass packs on that truck would rip...

Later

MaxACL
05-27-2003, 14:59
Well, I'll put in my .02 pasos.

I too will be looking for a GN as soon as yall's Uncle (Sam) lets me go. I want to do some Hot Shot work. Anybody else on this trail?

Mike tongue.gif

DalDMax
06-01-2003, 16:35
I have found usually the best place to look for a used GN trailer is at Thrifty Nickel ads. If you get away from Dallas most of them have several trailers for sale.
http://www.thriftynickelads.com/

If you are looking for a new GN trailer, Auto Trader has an edition called Heavy Equipment Trader. In the back there are lots of ads for new and some used trailers. Spend $1.50 on one of these mags and it gives me hours and hours of something to waste my time on :D

Silver Bullet
06-04-2003, 13:35
Why spend $1.50 when you already have it at your finger tips???

http://www.traderonline.com/

DalDMax
06-04-2003, 16:58
Portability...I find it difficult to drag the 'puter to the sofa, the doctor's office and so on smile.gif