PDA

View Full Version : ATS dual question

chevmeister
07-28-2003, 19:00
Does anyone have pics of the ATS dual SS exhaust. I want to see how it mounts, and how well it fits.

tpitt
07-30-2003, 12:44
chevmeister,
I have the A.T.S. duals on my pickup. I didn't install them on mine. (A.T.S.did when I was over at Edge products), but I have installed them on a customers truck. They come with very good instructions and are relatively easy to install. The biggest problem I encountered was around the spare tire and getting everything lined up and evened out. You will find that these are one of the best systems money can buy. They have a nice sound to them, but around 2500 or so pulling there is a resonation that some people may not like. There is one bracket you will have to weld on. It is on the drivers side, and you can see where the factory has it welded on the passenger side. You just weld it on the opposite side where the indentation in the crossmember is. tpitt

chevmeister
07-30-2003, 16:59
No prob with the welding. Its the 1300 part that got me right now are they worth it? Im sure they would look good hanging under the dooley.
Do you have any pics or know wher I can find some. A picture of a pile of pipes just doesnt do it for me. Do the tips weld on or clamp? Hopefully the only welding is the bracket, i dont have the equipment to weld stainless.

mackin
07-30-2003, 19:30
Originally posted by chevmeister:
No prob with the welding. Its the 1300 part that got me right now are they worth it? Im sure they would look good hanging under the dooley.
Do you have any pics or know wher I can find some. A picture of a pile of pipes just doesnt do it for me. Do the tips weld on or clamp? Hopefully the only welding is the bracket, i dont have the equipment to weld stainless. This is DieselDragons truck ..... Local CT bud .... ;)

Hope he doesen't mind me posting his PIC .... ATS duals .....

http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0UACz*6YYMOjB9rLskHVYOl94CN1H*xH*k5pV9iCAhzqbbA8Bg !6rAecHJbUCpsl3vAhPhhNyc1sdIurp*oL3TTpyr82CywmNzvE A9yxEGtds8ioGzYoBFQAAYwEYY3M1/Dually%20003.jpg?dc=4675432232667572415

Mac :D :D :D

chevmeister
07-30-2003, 19:42
how they sound mac? better than the single you got? Want something that will make the ricers look 3 times!

Diesel Dragon
07-30-2003, 20:01
Dam it Mackin my pictures look better on your post than they do on mine. ;)

I got to take a computer class to learn how to do that picture and link posting stuff.

Chevmeister,

They do look good and sound good too.
A bit on the louder side but hey......
thats what they are there for.

Install was straight forward.
Remove old exaust
New one hangs in same spots you just have to cut the intermediate pipe depending on cab/bed lengths
And weld or in my case I bolted on the new hanger for the drivers side
And the tips clamp on but I'm sure you could weld them for a neater apperance.

Shop around Chevymister I got mine for $1,195

And I think I found another place cheaper.. of course I already bought mine :( figures

And I found the Hot Juice for $690. It will be in Friday :D :D along with the AFE intake :D :cool:

Bye for now, Diesel Dragon :cool:

Diesel Dragon
07-30-2003, 20:05
P.S.

The pipes are all nice stainless
The muffler is polished Stainless almost a shame to hide it under the truck. smile.gif
The 5" tips and the muffler have ATS etched on them on the sides... Looks good

Bye, Diesel Dragon :cool:

chevmeister
07-30-2003, 20:11
nice pics my wifes driving a trailblazer too. can you tell me where you found to get it cheaper? chevmeister<at>hotmail.com

DIESEL 5
07-31-2003, 07:49
I love my ATS DUALS, they sound great I almost wish they were louder. check my pictures on the bottom.

Inspector
07-31-2003, 11:51
Where did you get the mud flaps. I have been looking all over heck for a nice set of flaps for my duelly. Those are the best looking ones I have seen so far. :D
Denny

a64pilot
07-31-2003, 13:35
If those are not Putco's, Putco make a set that looks exactly like them ;)

Diesel Dragon
07-31-2003, 15:15
Chevmeister..... You've Got Mail smile.gif

Inspector,

I am pretty sure there Putco flaps. Dosent say name on invoice.

But I bought them at WJ's Performance Center
His number is 1-859-873-2471

He has pretty good on Putco products.
The invoice lists them as a Dually mud flap 18"x22" Stainless Steel.
Price was $118.00 plus shipping.

Go check out Putco web site they make a lot of nice stainless stuff.

Inspector
07-31-2003, 16:29
Thanks DD.

I will go and look at them. Thanks again. :D
Denny

blue_lightning
08-01-2003, 09:11
Hi DD, I too am interested in the dual exhaust you have, you memtioned that you found it at a "discount" somewhere, please send me email also. Thanks Dave
bass_ale_1@hotmail.com

Diesel Dragon
08-02-2003, 20:17
You've got mail Blue Lightning (you dont drive a Furd do you) ;)

BlueOx03
08-04-2003, 07:38
DieselDragon- I'd like to get some info from you about those sweet duals and your roll top, can you drop me a line at Blueox03@cox.net.

Thanks,

TJ

blue_lightning
08-07-2003, 08:45
Hi all, I am interested in the ATS dual system for my Chevy D/A but I installed a Reese Titan V receiver hitch that I think may interfere with the tail pipes. Anyone out there have both a Reese Titan V and an aftermarket exhaust? Maybe a dual ATS? Any modification needed. Thanks Dave

BlueOx03
08-10-2003, 07:58
I've got a couple of under the truck pics of a follow DP members' ATS pipes in one of my webshots folders. I must say, the fit and finish of the system is impressive. The sound is unmistakably raw american power! I'll get one as soon as I can sneak it past the accountant.

TJ