PDA

View Full Version : Door Sills AGAIN

FirstDiesel
06-24-2002, 18:08
I'm still trying to buy a set of the SS door sills from Real Rod/Extreme Ent. After 4 phone calls, promises of returned calls, voice mails. I still haven't been able to get anyone to take an order!! These guys seem to work about 2 hours a day. I noticed that at least 2 people have successfully ordered from them. Any secrets?? Did you do it by phone or are you local and showed up at their shop/garage/trailer/storage locker?? smile.gif

Anyone help me get a set of these??

TIA

SoCalDMAX
06-24-2002, 22:26
FirstDiesel,

I've had the same luck with them, although I only emailed them twice and called once. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Who has been able to order from them? I wasn't aware that anyone had.

Regards, Steve

4meseb
06-25-2002, 14:01
I purchased mine at the same place I bought my Leer cap. Leer screwed up and was supposed to put in 2 close hangers and only put in 1. A $25 option. I saw these Door Sill Plates and asked him if I took them we could call it even, he said OK.
List price was $39.99. Car-Mic is the place where I got my cap. They are located just north of Lancaster, PA. I called them and got Steve the info. so he could get a set. Maybe their not a big mover for them. I don't know what else to tell you, except to look around your local aftermaket truck accessories shops. Good Luck!
Scott

TXMAX
06-28-2002, 14:24
OK, I sent an email about the SS Door Sills too and it took three weeks to get back to me.

The email address will get you to the guy that contacted me and below that is the note he sent.
Kent Carlson [kenta@mr.net]

I also explained to him where I heard about them etc.

"Mark,
Thank you so much for your interest!
There has been a tremendous interest in our array of products by individuals such as yourself. We are not at this time equipped for small single orders, but will be very soon.
In light of the huge interest, we have stepped up the date of our website launch to July 15th or before if possible.
I will keep you in my file and personally send you an e-mail with the address when the site is ready.
We hope you can wait for us!
As a thank you for your patience, please send this e-mail back to me along with your order confirmation e-mail (after ordering) and we will send you a rebate check for $10 if your order is larger than $50.

Have a great day!
Kent Carlson
Small Order Representative

P.S. Mark, I am very interested to know how you found us (and Mr. Goetz's e-mail address) on the chat line. Were we "chatted" about?"

I hope this helps.

Abe

FirstDiesel
06-28-2002, 17:45
Well I had the same conversation with one of the "owners" of the company 2 days ago. He was very interested in finding out about the DF and assured me that KENT was going to return my call in the next 24 hours. As of now it's 48 hours and good old KENT seems no better and doing his job than the other guys at this company are either. 3 phone calls, 2 emails and no door sills. They obviously aren't interested in doing business.

FirstDiesel
07-20-2002, 05:38
I'd still like a set of these but I've still not gotten a call from "Kent" if he really exists. Has anyone managed to get these guys to sell them a set of the sills yet??

FirstDiesel
07-20-2002, 09:16
Well

I finally got an answer about these. I will see on Monday if I really can reach them.

Fatdaddy
07-31-2002, 09:57
I have also sent them an email wanting to purchase the sills. I will let everyone know if I get a response.

FirstDiesel
07-31-2002, 19:45
I finally reached them and they "took an order". They were out of stock and said it would be a week or 2. Going on week 2 with no product yet. The claim is they have never done retail and are growing so fast they can't deal with it. :rolleyes:

They also say their products will be in stores like PEP BOYS in a few months.