PDA

View Full Version : SoMnDmax-MN people. Need a tipper dump box.

Maverick
07-22-2003, 23:05
In case I don't sell my 3500, I may end up driving it down. If it turns out that way, I was thinking of putting a tipper on it. Crysteel is in Lake Crystal, MN and Fridley, MN.
Matt or anyone else,
Do you got an inside man there I can talk to about a 8'1" tipper?

http://www.crysteel.com/

Thanks Jeff

[ 07-22-2003, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Maverick ]

Jelisfc
07-23-2003, 07:24
Mav, I don't have a contact but the Lk Crystal location is where the bodies are done. I looked at the site under Bodies and there is one 8'1" listed. Didn't know if you saw that.

SoMnDMAX
07-23-2003, 11:58
Hey Jeff!

I don't know anyone that works there that would be a good sales contact. I know a few that work in the shop and build them, but no one that sells them.

I'd just give them a shout, and see what they have to say. The boxes are always top quality, and 99% of the contractors/municipalities around here use Crysteel boxes on everything from 1500's to Peterbilts.

Maverick
07-23-2003, 12:54
Thanks Matt.
I talked to Roy at the Crysteel Equipment next door to Mfg. He quoted me $3975 cash & carry for a 8'1" with a 93" O.D.. $5475 painted and installed.
The only problem I may have is a cab chassis is a 60" cab to axle and mine is a 56". Pick-up box removed. Do me a favor, ask the guys you know if this can work. Will use an electric over hydraulic with a Lo-Boy Hoist LB400. Ask around if there is anything used. I don't need anything fancy. Thanks Matt

Jeff

matt-max
07-23-2003, 14:47
you will have a problem with bed height because of the pick up box rails on your 56"ca truck.

with a flat bed its not too bad because you don't need the subframe to handle the scissors and pump for the bed.

with a factory chassis cab 60"ca the whole dump assemble lays flat and the bed height is reasonable.

pickups without beds make decent flat beds but crappy dump beds.

there are a few dodge duallys running around here with dump beds instead of pickup boxes and the bed heights unloaded are about shoulder height.

i have a chrysteel on my 97, electric over hydraulic and it is a quality piece.

i was very intereseted in your truck for my business but the pickup frame is a deal killer for my purposes.

best of luck

matt

Maverick
07-23-2003, 15:15
SoMnDMAX, forget the idea. It sounds like it won't work. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the info Matt-Max. Make me an offer of $13,500 and I'll buy you a one way ticket up here to get it!! Everything except the 19.5's. It will have brand new 215/85-16's on it.

That goes for anyone else.

SoMnDMAX
07-24-2003, 01:48
Jeff, I'll do some checking. A local lawn service has a 3500 with a Crysteel dump. I think it's a standard truck too...

I'll see if I can track him down over the next few days.

When you moving back "home"?

Maverick
07-24-2003, 10:27
Thanks Matt.

Leave within 2 weeks.