PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Simulators or The Real Thing

glamisboy
09-06-2002, 10:06
One thing really bothers me about our new bow-tie, $40,000+++ for a truck & GM throws in stainless steel trim rings. Were these extra parts left on the shelves from the 1982 Chevy Malibu's ???????????

I really want Alcoas because of the looks. Had 'em on my Dodge, a pain in the butt to keep clean, plus they are very x'pensive. Ultra makes a nice "copy" of the Alcoas, but I haven't seen them in real life other than in ads. How about there weight rating ??

Wheel simulators scare me, because what I've seen most turn a goldish color, I want chrome !!! I've heard some use the stock plastic center cap, I like that idea. But who is it ?? Are they any good ?? How much ?? How can I be assured my simulator (1 of course) won't endup in the freeway center divider ??

If I fork out the money for wheels, do I keep the inside rear steel rim ?? If so do I use that tire in the rotation process ?? Does anyone know of a website where I can "steal" some wheels ??

I'm so confused, please help !!!!

JEBar
09-07-2002, 12:14
installed "Pacific Dualies" simulators a few weeks ago ... considered cost (set of 4 for less than a single custom rim), and the fact that I use a 7 tire rotation pattern to prolong tire life (wasn't interested in getting into front/rear only rims)...so far so good but if they do eventually go bad, can buy several sets over the coming years and still not approach the price a set of custom rims...Jim

[ 09-07-2002: Message edited by: JEBar ]</p>

glamisboy
09-09-2002, 20:32
JEBar, any info on where I can get some info those "Pacific Duallies" simulators ?? smile.gif

Do you keep the stock center caps ?? Are you happy with the "coloring" ??

JEBar
09-13-2002, 15:01
any info on where I can get some info those "Pacific Duallies" simulators ?? ===&gt; I purchased mine through www.wedotrucks.com (I deal with Ryan)

Do you keep the stock center caps ?? ====&gt; They come with much better looking center caps, no stock parts (except rims and lug nuts) are reused.

Are you happy with the "coloring" ?? ===&gt; The look like crome rims .... no problems with discoloring so far.

Hope this helps ..... Jim

FirstDiesel
09-13-2002, 17:53
Jim

How much?? The website doesn't show them.

Thanks

JEBar
09-14-2002, 03:42
Larry,
Hate to admit it but I don't really know. Had them added as part of a package of several items and was given a price for the whole job. Looked up their phone number for you ... 919-832-7677. They are open on Saturday mornings. Give Ryan a call, am sure he'll provide you with whatever info you may need .... Jim :cool: