PDA

View Full Version : Retrax Bed Cover

ThePend
09-05-2002, 10:03
I was considering the purchase of a Retrax bed cover, but after talking with Tim at Retrax Im afraid that $1000 for a bed cover is a bit too steep, even for me. And they dont quite know the life expectency of the product. I love my truck and all, but not that much.

johns
09-05-2002, 12:14
I don't have the Retrax but I do have the PaceEdwards rolltop cover. Yes it is pricey, P/E is a little less expensive, but I love it. Especially when towing. It is so convenient to open and close compared to the traditional soft cover. Works great with my 5er too. When raining, I can pull it closed up to the hitch and keep things dry in the front of the bed.

AKDmax
09-05-2002, 12:16
I think you can do a little better on the price. Call and talk to Randy, he seems to be the go-to guy there. Kennedy also sells the Retrax for a decent price. The cover is worth the money.

ThePend
09-05-2002, 13:06
Tim.... at Retrax, quoted a price of $889. By the time you add in shipping its close to a cool grand. He did mention that a few diesel guys got together and ordered several of them and they knocked a hundred bucks off each one. Still, $875 is a chunk of change.

I thought Retrax was the only place that sold it. I'll give John a call and see what he says.

Thanks

LeeV
09-05-2002, 16:48
Retrax has dealers that also sell the product. I think that Retrax price-protects the dealers (as well they should) because I got mine for $900 and didn't have to pay shipping. As for the value of a hard cover (any hard cover), what is peace of mind worth knowing your tools, clubs, lumber is safe and dry while you make another trip back into Home Depot to get that piece of trim you forgot? Any accessory is hard to justify, but with rough math I figure you save over $1200 in fuel from the better gas milage you'll get with a cover. I got roughly 2Mpg better.