PDA

View Full Version : Bow Tie Chrome or colors

RapidMax
05-07-2003, 21:47
I've gotten rid of all the kooky colors on my truck except the yellow bow tie in the middle of the grill. I really like the gray that Silver Bullet has on his. I'm not into the painting, though.

Does anyone have a source for a replacement bow tie either in chrome or a color choice?

Thanks,

Jeff

Swanny
05-08-2003, 13:17
RapidMax:
Check out Stylin Concepts.com...they have a good selection of chrome & billet aluminum bowties.

Silver Bullet
05-08-2003, 14:22
Rapid,
The bowtie was really easy to paint. I picked up a spray can from the dealer for around $10. The hardest part was separating the gold from the black...I carefully used a couple knives to separate (putty knife will work)...there are 3 round "glue" spots that are kinda like double-sided tape. A little sanding to rough it up, primed it, painted it, wet sanded it to smooth it out, and polished it. After I was done, I put a small piece of Invinca-shield (invinca-shield.com) over it to protect it from rocks. I sprayed another one with a blue that is close to the old blue that all the bowties used to be, but it did not turn out great b/c I could not sand it due to the paint I used...it is hanging on the wall in my garage! Let me know if you have any questions about it.

[ 05-08-2003: Message edited by: Silver Bullet ]</p>

RapidMax
05-25-2003, 23:49
I ended up getting a brushed billet from StylinConcepts -- thanks for the info Swanny.

Bullet -- I'd like to paint mine. Why did you separate the gold from the black? Can't you take the whole thing off and just sand it and paint it?

Thanks!

Silver Bullet
05-27-2003, 14:49
Rapid...you have mail.