PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat crew cab warning.

DURAMONSTER
05-07-2003, 00:25
this truck only has 2,000 miles on it, and it has leather. The prob is the rear Drivers side seat Has a 4 inch slice in it from folding it down. Everybodies will most likely have the same rip if you fold the rear seat down much. The problem area is on the drivers side rear that folds up against the back of the drivers front seat. When you fold down the 2nd part, the top plastic peice that goes to the middle shoulder harness rubbs the bottom seat that is folded up against the drivers frnt seat, And slices it open and also grooves the plastic shoulder harness peice. Hope you guys are following me. It is hard to explain. It is slicing do to a bar that is inside the seat that is slicing it from the inside out. The plastic peice puts pressure on the material on its way down and slices its self open, then it starts wearing a groove in the plastic shoulder harness peice.
I hope that gm will replace the seat and the plastic shoulder harness. How ever it will prob happen again. WoW that was not easy to explain. Has this happen to anyone else.

jbplock
05-07-2003, 05:56
Thanks for the heads-up! I'll check mine tonight when I get home. :eek:

jcummins
05-07-2003, 05:56
I've had my truck for 7 months, 23000 miles....I fold and unfold the read seat ALLOT. I'll take a closer look at my seats tonight, but given how much I've used the back seat in the manner you described, I don't think I'm having that problem.

ChevyGert
05-07-2003, 07:02
What a lot of people don't realize is that the back seat is vinyl when you get leather. Whether it be the 3rd seat in a tahoe or suburban, the crew cab seat of a truck, or the back seat of a car. I'm not saying this is why it tore, but I would think vinyl would rip easier than leather.

Paintdude
05-07-2003, 07:45
Just another reason to get cloth, they are ripping yu off on the leather because all you get is leather seating surfaces on the front seats and it is belly skin no less..just aint worth it and cloth wears so much better..In my opinion.

hoot
05-07-2003, 08:11
Nothing but cloth. I think it's a lot more comfortable than anything else.

LanceW
05-07-2003, 14:22
too bad the free-range Nauga was hunted to extinction in the late 70's - early 80's... there was nothing on earth like the feel of fresh Nauga Hide. smile.gif

JMJORDAN
05-07-2003, 16:52
I am guessing that this a 2003 thing because my seat doesnt have a rip and I fold my seat up and down alot. I cant find anything in my '02 that would cause it to rip

Burner
05-07-2003, 22:15
I use a towel over the plastic thing. I have also taken my knife and curled off the sharp edge of the plastic. :eek: I drag the knife at a 5% back angle.

Burner-----> :D

DURAMONSTER
05-08-2003, 00:24
If it was cloth it would have ripped the same. The edge is sharp.

jbplock
05-08-2003, 04:56
DURAMONSTER,
I took a quick look at mine last night and I couldn't find the problem you're describing.
I'll look again tonight when I get home

pushpole
05-08-2003, 07:15
I believe this is related to how far back the drivers/passenger seat is positioned. If you move the the seats forward a bit you should have adequate clearance. I have noticed DS/PS seat travel is restricted with the rears folded down. I push the offending area away when dropping the rear seat.

DURAMONSTER
05-09-2003, 01:18
No way to post pics. Sorry.
I probebly did have the drivers seat back to far a time or to. but it wasnt noticable and I thought this happened to easy. So just warning everybody.