PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on the TTT Mirrors

atvpilot
05-06-2003, 23:48
Hey Guys,
Can anybody tell me who has the best deal on the TTT Mirrors. I am heading out for the first camping trip of the season and I want to replace the stock mirrors with the TTT. smile.gif :cool:

et
05-07-2003, 00:26
w j s performance.com Eliminate the spaces between the w j and s.

[ 05-07-2003: Message edited by: et ]</p>

atvpilot
05-07-2003, 04:44
et,
Thanks I will check it out. Does he give members of this page discounts????? :cool:

atvpilot
05-07-2003, 07:27
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! I just called *** performance and they want 425.00 plus s&h and then an additional 41.25 for the chrome backs. It is this good? Man I didn't think they would be that expensive for the heated/electric/lighted. I am open to any other dealer that carries them for less if that's possible.I don't mean to sound insulting or anything, I'm just in a state of shock....... :eek:

et
05-07-2003, 09:04
atvpilot,

I checked around and could not find a cheaper price, and I really looked.

The manufacturers know their competition and price the product accordingly. I think the older we are the harder it is to spend that kind of money since we are aware of what we once could buy with that amount.

[ 05-07-2003: Message edited by: et ]</p>

Sneaks
05-07-2003, 19:20
I also looked around *a lot* and found that ***Performance was the only one to discount MSRP. Also found out along the way that if you forego heat and the LED lights, you don't even have to take the door apart. Just the one trim piece to get to the OEM mirror mounting bolts and plug. Have not found a cure for the Aussie Whistle though. Besides keeping the window shut/

BigLakeDMAX
05-07-2003, 20:59
I, too, found that WJ's was the only retailer to discount off of the $550 MSRP. Wade at WJ's actually received some minor grief from Schefenacker concerning his low pricing.

The source of the "Aussie Whistle" - love that label - is the small open joint where the extensions go into the mirror head. Mine, specifically whistles on the top of the lower extension where it enters the mirror head. I'm looking into something to cover that joint with that will still allow the mirror to extend and will not be displaced everytime I do that. I'll post a solution if I find one. For now, keep the windows and the stereo up.

Take Care,

Don

atvpilot
05-07-2003, 22:35
Hey Guys,
How about the CIPA mirrors? I really don't need the marker light and I sure don't want to pay extra for the chrome cover or to have them painted. I just want to bolt them on, plug them in and go camping. Let me know. Time is getting short

BigO
05-07-2003, 23:52
atvpilot :

CIPA are the same as Lucerix mirrors.

atvpilot
05-08-2003, 02:35
Big O ,
I have been reading previous post on the Lucerix/Cipa mirrors. It seems that they have some previous quality control problems. Do you know or for that matter has anybody had anymore problems with them. I tow either a 29ft travel trailer or a 22 ft enclosed Haulmark trailer. The price I found in Stylin Concepts($349.) was a fair price and will probably order them some time this week. If anybody has purchased the above mirrors recently I would love to hear your comments.

BigO
05-08-2003, 08:30
atvpilot :

I have a set and had no problems on quality. I bought mine through the same company you are looking at purchasing them from. The old lady thinks that they were to big for the 2500 however once she was towing the 5th wheel she turned to me and said I like them. I will say they look like dumbo ears on the 2500.

People have complained about them shaking when extended and the glass coming out. It has not happend to me. I have had mine for 6 - 8 months.

atvpilot
05-08-2003, 09:27
Well guys,
After the reading all the past topics on the Cipa mirrors and the TTT mirrors, i finally called *** performance and ordered a set from Wade. I found that all of the guys that had the Cipa ,switched to TTT because of the vibration problem, or the mirrors not extending out far enough or the warranty was only 1 year on the Cipa. I was going to order the Cipa, but Vision View and Stylin Concepts said they couldn't get them for 2-3 weeks and Stylin wasn't sure about the warranty. So I decieded to spend the extra and go with the TTT. Thanks Steve Cornell. Your pics were the clincher. My truck is the exact twin color and all except mine is a GMC. The only other question i have is on the 2002 ,where do you hook in the power for the running lights and turn signals. I read the online instructions and it was kinda confusing????? Geeezzz I sound like a kid at Christmas. :D :D