PDA

View Full Version : Towing Mirrors.

SHOPMAN426
05-04-2003, 11:19
I've noticed a big change in what type of tow mirror people have been talking about on this page. It sounds like a lot of you are replacing your Lucerix mirrors with TTT mirrors, is this true? I am still running the stock power/heated mirrors that came on my '02. I have also noticed that some dealers are dropping the Lucerix brand. I wonder if it's because of all the complaints about vibration? I still like the look of the Lucerix over the TTT's. TTT's are too angular for my round 2002 GMC. Please give me your thoughts from both brands.

Thanks, SHOPMAN426. :confused: :confused: :confused:

OKDiesel
05-05-2003, 10:42
I just put TTT mirrors on my truck last week. I got the power,heated,lighted version. I like them a lot. The only thing I noticed about the mirrors is that they have a whistle after you get up past 25mi/hr or so. I can't hear the whistle with the windows up so it really doesn't bother me.

3-Fan
05-06-2003, 05:27
I switched to the TTT's, mainly because I broke one of my Lucerix's on the garage door jamb and wanted to try something different. My opinion is that the TTT's have better angles and stick out farther when fully extened. I can see alot more when I full my fiver. 2 complaints about the TTT's, the whistle like OKDiesel mentioned above (which I think a little piece of black electrical tape will fix) and the the mirror it self could be taller. The little 3x3 spots are great for the blind spots.

Lucerix's were nice, but didn't extend out far enough, and didn't fold in towards the truck. That's why I wacked one off. The TTT's are so much heavier than the Luceix's too.

Both are about equally priced.

TG
05-06-2003, 20:17
My 12-year old son and I installed the ttt's about 5 weeks ago (took us about 3 hours). I got the heated, lighted version, and they are terrific. I, too, experienced the whistling noise, but like the previous posts, you can't hear it with the window closed. I did a lot of research before purchasing, and I believe they can extend out further than any other comparable mirror. Company has been great. I had problems that appeared to be the result of the mirrors being dropped during shipment. Company replaced them with no hassle, and they have worked perfectly. They can fold forward or backward, which gives you a little extra protection. Quality is top notch. Instructions they provide are really great.

Best of luch on whatever you choose! Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to help with.

TG :cool:

stxfarmer
05-06-2003, 22:55
Love my TTT's. I use the little 3X3 mirrors the most. For the first time I could actually see what was behind me while towing my 32' gooseneck. Wouldn't give them up.

SHOPMAN426
05-07-2003, 21:26
Thanks guys, The info so far has been very good. I guess the next step will be for me to see them up close and personal. Anybody have the TTT mirrors that lives in and around the Portland area? I've seen the Lucerix on quite a few trucks, and do like the look. If anyone in the Denver area has the TTT mirrors, I will be there for two weeks starting next week.

Thanks again,
Shopman426.

Mike.

et
05-08-2003, 00:50
Shoman426,

You should have asked that question last night. I was at Camping World this afternoon, Wednesday, picking up a few items. There just happened to be three Duramaxes there with different after market mirrors. The other two were very interested in the TTT mirrors on my truck.

I will be in Gresham on the 15th having my 56 Gallon Fuel tank installed. I would do it myself but I am the proud owner of a few brokens ribs and I wanted the tank on before I go to the Rendezvous next month.