PDA

View Full Version : boost sensor bad?

HANK1948
07-26-2004, 16:40
at first I was getting a 236 code so I removed the boost controller and installed the turbo master from Heath, put it on the stock setting it seemed to be o.k, so after a week I installed a boost gauge and a adjustable 10k pot (set at 2k) on the gray wire going to the boost sensor like some of the other guys in this fourm did, after I did that I cranked the turbo master up and took it for a spin it was making 12 lbs and fun to drive. I drove it about 5 miles that night no problems, so I drove into work (about 50 miles) and halfway it set a code and then it was a dog I could only get 5lbs out of her. I took it to autozone and read the codes now it was 236 and 238 , erased them it still was a turd ,but sometimes it would come alive , then I turned the pot down under 2k and backed off the turbo master to 10lbs. I took a trip up north (500 miles) towing my tractor (8000 lbs) the SES light came on but it wasnt a turd this time I still could get the boost up to 10lbs. So the only thing I can think of is the boost sensor bad.