PDA

View Full Version : blown head gasket

gbeyer
07-26-2004, 10:54
OK I got my '95 c2500 up and running. Put new gasket on herm got all the air out of the system, and fire her up. She runs really rough at idle. Smooths out as rpm's increase. Blue smoke at idle and higher rpm's. I'm guessing that injector was ruined when h2o got into the cylinder. I haven't pulled the injector, cause it is a pain. I wanted to get some opinions from y'all. Thanks.

tom.mcinerney
07-26-2004, 20:50
Consider that it's nearly impossible to install all the fuel pipes without entrapping a dirt particle which will work its way to an injector.

Have you 'cracked' all the injector lines (loosened union nuts) at each injector in turn, to isolate the offending player(s)? [should be done at idle (in 'Park'!) wearing safety goggles, possibly holding a rag to dampen hi press fuel spray].

This proceedure will also allow bleed most remaining air from system, which may cure 'rough run' complaint....I would run as is for a couple hours(after above tests) to allow conditions stabilize before proceed with fix.

gbeyer
07-27-2004, 07:51
I can bleed 6 of the 8 injectors, but cannot get to the two under the turbo. I did isolate that injector as the offendor, I just hope that it is in fact the injector causing the problem, not some other oddity.