PDA

View Full Version : truxus tires

ski
04-27-2003, 13:28
i remember someone purchasing 285/75 truxus m/ts a while back could not find info on the search. was interested in how they ride/wear/balance, etc. They are 10 ply nad siped so sem like an all aroud decent tire. Any info would be helpful.

CPMac632
04-27-2003, 20:51
They wear decent on the a gas engine truck or on the front of my Duramax but they are very soft and the torque chews them off the rear pretty bad. They are excellent on wet pavement, snow, mud, and they handle heavy loads well. They don't make much more noise than any other mud tire. I had to go to Swamper SSR's on my truck, they wear like iron but don't drive well on wet pavement.

gardnerteam
04-28-2003, 06:46
I too looked at the Trxus because of the 10 ply HD casing, but fortunately my friend bought a set for his new f**d first. Quiet at first, they seemed great. Didn't wear too well, and as they got to about 60% rubber, became difficult to balance, noisy, and finally, impossible to keep balanced. He took them back to his large metropolitan 4WD dealer who gave him full credit on a set of new BFG (only 8 ply rating), admitting they had a lot of problem once they were worn a little. I opted for the Nitto 305/70/16 10 ply, have about 1,000 mile on them, and love them. Quiet, good on water, snow, OK on ice, and have done much better in mud than I expected. I am going to run them to Mexico next week so I'll see how they hold up.

ski
04-28-2003, 21:10
thanks for the info gents. I think I will stay away from them. I am now looking at the Nittos, probably 285s as I want to use the stock rim. Also looking at Big O tires but dealers look limited. Again, thanks for the info

Choreboy
04-28-2003, 21:32
I just bought a new set of Copper 265/75/R16 10 ply tires.

They ride good so far but I can't comment on wear.

The selling point for me was they won the JD Power and Assocites best replacement tire for 2002.

Much cheaper than Michelins.

Alli-max
04-29-2003, 23:37
truxus is a rock tire, similar to the MTR's. I know different tread design, but rubber compound is similar.

If you want life, stay away. Get some of the popular Nitto tires or similar. Just think about your driving habits. That should be your determining factor. If you get stuck with all terrains, you will probably get stuck with a slightly more agressive tire. Keep that in mind.

I had some agressive Procomp Mud terrains on, and just bought some Uniroyal 8 ply 285's yesterday. What a difference in the ride. I put the Procomps up till duck season next year. Dang, they are LOUD!!!

mtomac
04-30-2003, 08:29
I've got a set of 33x12.50x17's. I plan on using them for truck pulling only (putting them on at the pull). They're an agressive looking tire and should work well on most tracks.

here's a couple pics (copy & paste)

http://antiquetractorpulling.com/33x12.50x17TrXusMT2.jpg
http://antiquetractorpulling.com/33x12.50x17TrXusMT3.jpg

hoot
04-30-2003, 08:59
Alli Max,

How do you like the Pro Comps besides the noise? I got the All Terrains coming.

ndamico
04-30-2003, 16:56
I have 285 TrXuS's..

they aren't noisy and they work quite well. the mileage is definately their downfall. nad yes, they were hard to balance.

my buddy has 265's and tows a 10k trailer for work on occasion, and his were bald as slicks in 15k..