PDA

View Full Version : Fog Lights

Kernal
10-24-2005, 04:34
Asked the dealer to order the fog lights for my 06 D-Max and the told me that the kit includes the front air dam. Told them that was fine and when it comes in it is Gray instead of Black. anyone know if this is available in Black? I really don't want a gray airdam when all the other plastic on the truck is black, so the dealer did not install it.
Can you mount the fog lights in the stock dam that came from the factory without the lights installed?
Or should I just look for aftermarket lights.

trbankii
10-24-2005, 05:58
Does the air dam you have on the truck have locations for lights? If so, then see if the lights mount up. Chances are that the air dam came primered so that you could paint it to match the truck. That is typically how things come.

Kernal
10-28-2005, 04:51
The air dam on the truck now has the light locations solid. I was told that in previous years you would cut out the fog light locations and mount the lights, but the new style requires you to replace the entire air dam. For $220 plus a programming charge I really don't want to pay to have the new dam painted. I was also told that the lights mount to the air dam itself so you can not remove the lights from the "gray" air dam and put them in the stock "no lights" black one.

olimaxx
10-30-2005, 20:02
HEY KERNAL, IHAD AN 03 AND BOUGHT THE FOGS AFTER I CUT OUT THE HOLES WITH A DREMMAL AND THE LIGHTS MOUNT TO THE FRAME. I DID NOT NEED A REPROGRAM EITHER. THE SCHEMATIC WAS A LITTLE HARDS TO READ FOR THE RELAY. THE DASH SWITCH REPLACES THE CARGO LAMP SWITCH. IF YOUR A HALF WAY MECHANIC YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF . I STILL HAVE THE LIGHTS I HAVE A 05 DURAMAX NOW AND THEY CAME WITH IT. I ALSO DID MY BROTHERS LIGHTS ALSO.

NUCLEARFROG
11-02-2005, 14:49
Kernal, I assume that you have a GMC, because of the painted airdam. If so, the factory fog kit comes with everything and the fog brackets mount to the bumper not the airdam. When I purchased the factory kit for my 03 GMC it was $138.00, it should be the same kit for your 06. The instructions were simple. Only one tricky part and thats when you remove the fuse box under the hood to plug in the power wire. Not hard, but nerve racking. With the bumper removed and laying face down I used a razor knife to cut out the holes. There is a ridge on the back side that I cut to. I did not cut through the hole(up and down) I cut across the hole (side to side with bumper lying face down) to keep from hitting the paint. I hope this helps.