PDA

View Full Version : Chrome trim

OKDiesel
03-08-2003, 10:10
Does anyone have any pics of a black crew cab GMC with the chrome trim pieces on the sides taken off. I have been thinkin bout taking mine off but want to see if I like the looks before I do it, because I know if I dont those pieces probably arent cheap to replace.

CanadaKev
03-09-2003, 21:22
OK,
Mine didn't come with trim 'cause it's a 3500, but it is black and I do have pics.
Kev

dmaxstu
03-09-2003, 22:20
OKdiesel

My personal preference is to leave the chrome and add the 2002 Caddilac Escalade door handles to compliment it, that really looks sharp. I'm in the process of painting the ones I bought from GM parts direct for around $23 each. They should have put those on in the first place.I also added a billet grille since the GMC emblem was covering almost the entire transmission cooler. I also removed the GMC2500HD from both doors, left the Duramax/diesel and bought another Duramax/diesel emblem and installed it on the tailgate but removed all GMC emblems from the tailgate. Stu

DMAXDiva
03-13-2003, 20:24
I "dechromed" my Chevy awhile back (see pics on picpage)...really like the monochromatic look, and now that she's lifted, I don't worry anymore about door dings. But, that doesn't stop some a-holes from keying it, which happened just last weekend. :mad: Yep, a nice DEEP scratch that starts on the front fender and goes all the way across both doors and across the rear quarter panel... :(

Some people just plain SUCK.

DMD

OKDiesel
03-14-2003, 09:11
Diva,

Ack! I know exactly how you feel. I had my truck 3 weeks and some a-hole eiter keyed it or really got me good with a shopping cart. Got me on the passanger door one about 6in long and one about 4in long. both down to the primer. Not near as bad as yours but still miffs me when I look at it.

I guess some people are just jealous.

Brian