PDA

View Full Version : Installing your front Bilstein's

SHOPMAN426
08-20-2004, 17:34
OK, how many of you reused the metal and plastic bushing, and the rubber snubbers from your stock front shocks when installing the new ones? I couldn't see a better way than this.

Shopman426
Mike. :confused:

More Power
08-20-2004, 19:11
The Bilsteins I installed came with all new hardware. See pics:
http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/bilstein.htm

MP

TSimpler
08-21-2004, 06:12
Mine also came with new hardware, although I dropped them on the floor when I was looking at the new shocks and I didn't think they came in the box... I mean... it wasn't me it was someone else, yea thats it, someone else dropped them. :eek:

I'm not saying you dropped them, I'm just saying...

Trent

SHOPMAN426
08-21-2004, 08:11
I have the same hardware as the picture. It looked easier to just reuse the factory hardware. However last night I test drove the new shocks, Wow! what a difference they make. I still hear rattling coming from the front end when driving over washboard bumps. I've always blamed the steering for that. I think I will change out the factory bushings and give the new hardware a try. It's too bad that hole is over sized.

Shopman426
Mike. :cool: :cool: :cool:

SHOPMAN426
08-21-2004, 10:25
Hey, that hole isn't too big. It's amazing when you slow down and take a moment to check these things out. I removed the stock hardware and ran a test fit using the floor jack to creep up on the lower bushing seat. It sure didn't look like it was going to fit when I was in a hurry yesterday after work. Live and learn.

Thanks for opening my eyes More Power.

Shopman426
Mike. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: