PDA

View Full Version : AstroStart remote starter problem

markrinker
09-12-2005, 14:52
2001 Duramax 2500HD, bought used with AstroStart remote.

Doesn't crank long enough to get truck started. Starter disengages as first cylinders start to hit, but truck stumbles and dies. Manual starts are all fine.

This is in 70 degree weather. Not certain what, if anything that means for -20 degree weather this winter - when it really needs to work.

Any ideas on how to increase cranking time? Also, does this starter sense the 'Wait to Start' signal in cold weather? (I assume it does, or it would never have been installed in the first place.)

panchosteam
09-12-2005, 20:34
Hi, some remote starters or security sistems with built in engine start do have a glow plug sensor wire that connects to the glow plug light on the dash, if yours have it then maybe you have to connect that wire that way the alarm will know that your glow cycle is over and it can star the engine.

REDTRUCK05
09-12-2005, 20:39
Originally posted by panchosteam:
Hi, some remote starters or security sistems with built in engine start do have a glow plug sensor wire that connects to the glow plug light on the dash, if yours have it then maybe you have to connect that wire that way the alarm will know that your glow cycle is over and it can star the engine. I dont think the 05 trucks have glow plugs, but they have a heat element.

panchosteam
09-12-2005, 20:40
...Or it will have to be progamed for speed /tack sense, maybe both...

panchosteam
09-12-2005, 20:44
Too bad i never worked with this alarm and too bad i haven't worked on new diesels....
could try to help if i knew the model on the security system