PDA

View Full Version : Part # request: Passenger Airbag Switch Panel

ssybert
07-28-2004, 11:44
Hey guys,

I've got a little compartment where the passenger side airbag disable switch goes. My guess is the only time they put the switch in is when there is no other place to put a child. I've got a crew cab so disabling the passenger side airbag must not be an option.. which is fine. I'm looking for the part # of the panel that would go there. I want to replace the compartment with a panel and use it to hold some switches for strobes I'm installing. Cleaner the install the better, right?

If anyone has any part #'s I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Scott.

ssybert
07-28-2004, 12:55
Disregard guys... Calling the dealer was actually painless and helpful.

for those of you who wan to add clean looking custom switches here are the part #'s

plugs (you'll need 4) 15734687 $7.36 ea.
housing to hold plugs: (you'll need 1) 15734687 $3.74

The plugs go into the housing and the housing with the plugs go in place of the compartment. You can drill out the plugs and install switches as desired.

The plugs are 7.00 ea and the housing is only 3 bucks. go figure.

I"ll be ordering mine tomorrow afternoon :cool:

jbplock
07-29-2004, 02:50
Scott,

Great idea ! :cool: ... I can't picture exactly where this compartment is (?) My 03 crew cab has a small compartment on the right-hand side of the center console.... Is this the one or is it on the instrument panel? Can you post a picture of your install?

smile.gif

3-Fan
07-29-2004, 03:18
Here is the compartment ssybert is talking about.

Compartment (http://community.webshots.com/photo/61321434/65655297NlCluF)

I put my high idle switch in one of the positions, and placed my CB connection above that. I have the compartment one and will be using the extra hole to put my Over Drive factory lock out switch.

ssybert
07-29-2004, 09:12
Guys.. they also sell factory switches you can put in the plastic carrier. The part you need 1 of can either hold 4 plastic caps or 5 switches. Even though the switches list for like $26.00 ea, it would be a real smooth look to have the accessories all share the same chevy switch look. The only reason I'm not buying the switches is becuase I dont know if there's more going on inside those switches. Some of the Chevy switches are these crazy 15 pin disasters. If anyone has any switches in there like head light balance or fog lights or something (factory of course) what does the back of the switch look like? Does it appear to be a standard SPST or SPDT type of switch? Even a DPDT would be nice.

I know there is a aftermarket foglight kit GM sells with a switch that goes in there. I can't imagine it's more complicated than 2 wires but who knows.

The switch is $26.00.

that is the compartment I'm talking about.. or, used to be. The one in the picture has the panel installed.

The one pictured as a differnt cover over the top two switch holes. The one pictured shows a single panel over 2 possitions. This cover is also available but i didn't inquire about price. I thought 4 small panels would look better.