PDA

View Full Version : check it out all

Holeshot
03-02-2003, 19:25
Hay all

Ive been working hard on my baby and now shees done! Chech her out Go to the site: http://homepage.mac.com/burnyb/Projects/Menu7.html

Tell me what you think all Id love to hear from ya.

Later
Tony
:D

technician
03-02-2003, 19:33
Holeshot,

Sweeeeeeeet :cool:

Long, low, smooth, black, sleek.

Nicest lowered rig I've seen :D

Nice Job, real mean looking from the front.

Tech

Holeshot
03-02-2003, 20:47
Thanks Tech

yeah you can say long again I swear after i lowered it, It grew lol sure is a lot easier to wash the roof now! And a few more good drags into the taco place and ill have a new place for a kennedy exaust.

Later
Tony

RapidMax
03-02-2003, 21:29
Tony:

That's a sweet looking ride!

What billet grill did you go with?

How did you black out the bowtie on the grill?

Anyway, solid work.

Holeshot
03-02-2003, 23:28
Rapid max the bowtie is wraped in vinal sticker. Ive changed it since these pics, its blue and carbon fiber now. any way its a bolt on grill made by precision. www.precisiondesign.com
I thin it was like 150bucks and it bolts rigt over the factory grill. (my 01 was a b**** to install)
SEE GUYS now the 03 front end looks good lol

Later
Tony

DMAX Daddy
03-03-2003, 00:11
Wow great job! I might look into one of those grills

Norquist
03-03-2003, 08:04
Nice ride!!

What brand lowering kit did you use? How's the ride compared to stock?

DMAXDiva
03-03-2003, 08:37
Wow...Great rig!

I especially like the color... ;)

DMD

Holeshot
03-03-2003, 17:09
Hay Daddy
Try godfathers customs im pretty sure thats where I ordered it from. They have great customer service, and good prices. My favrote part is that it literally took 15 minutes to install!! but watch out the grills on these trucks just pop out and are very easy to steal. I recomend putting a coupe of self tapping screws on the upper grey tabs. (dont forget to silicone them)

Thanks Norquist
Its an air ride technoligies kit. Full air ride 9/14 drop, and didnt lose any towing capacity!!
Now for the best part IT RIDES LIKE A CADDY smile.gif

Hay DMD
I love your truck to, But please dont run me over !! smile.gif lol
Im thinking for next winter picking up another used 01 4by and putting it at a nozebleed level, you know considering i just turned mine into a snowplow smile.gif

Later all
Tony

wangotango
03-03-2003, 22:30
Did you juice-up the shocks so it jumps up and down?

Chicks dig that.

w/t

BassinRVer
03-05-2003, 15:07
smile.gif

MICKD
03-05-2003, 19:27
HoleShot

That is a beauty!! Real Nice!
Looks like it would be a fun ride to cruise nite or the local hang out.

fred
03-05-2003, 19:58
dam!!!! now i gota lower my truck, looks real cool,how low is it and how much frame clearnce is ther to the ground?

Holeshot
03-06-2003, 02:53
Hay fred looks like your right in my neck of the woods. Anyway Ive done a lot of reasearch on lowering these trucks. My main concerns were ride and load ratings. There are 2 companies out there that I trust and have experience with. The first is DJM (ill try to find a link for ya), they offer a 6/8 kit. This kit is very well designed and looks dope when installed. The second company I found is air ride technologies (this is the kit I chose). they offer the kit in one trim only but you have unlimited selection of valves, compressors, tanks, ect....
Ill kinda give you a lowdown on the plus and minus of each

DJM 6/8
+dope stance (you knew this was gonna be number 1)
+use most of factory suspension (ie retain factory ride)
- no ajustibility in ride height
-need to ad auxilary airbags for extreme towing applications

Airride 9/14
+dope stance (you didnt see that one comming?)lol
+fully adjustible ride (can adjust ride to payload)
+did not lose any load capicity (I can still tow or haul anything a regular 3500 can, just a little lower)
+dope stance(sorry had to do it) smile.gif
-well in my mind there really arent any but as most say im crazy anyway smile.gif

as for the prices they vary where you get them at. The djm kit is usually about a grand plus shocks. As for the airride kit you better take out a second mortgage cuz the basic kit starts at 5 grand. sorry guys for the long post
so I hope this helps , drop me a note at holeshott@comcast.net if you have any more questions. Hopefully we can hook up so you can check it out.

later
Tony