PDA

View Full Version : AFE

mackin
03-01-2003, 15:23
For those running them the Pre-filters are in.....

I got mine from =>http://www.mrbobsdistributing.com/afe.htm

Nice guy took the tme to call me and tell me they were in from a simple email I sent him moon's ago..... smile.gif

Added some pics to the folder in More D/A Pice AFE......

=>http://www.pbase.com/mackin/afe_intake

This system looks real good..... Better when propane installed .....Soon perhaps !!!!!!!

MAC :D :D :D

RATDOC
03-01-2003, 17:05
MAC,
nice ride!!!! Could you shoot me an e:mail......I've got a couple questions if you don't mind.
Thanks,
Tom
P/S-e:mail address in signature.

GMCTRUCK
03-01-2003, 21:48
Hey Mac, are you getting an SES like others with this intake? The prefilter is a must with open element cotton gauze. I use the same type of prefilter over the K&N on my quad and not only is it a piece of cake to hose off but, it does an awesome job of keeping the filter clean and dry since they also repel water. Of course you loose some air flow which is the point of a free flowing gauze filter but, if I do get the AFE I wouldn't think of not using the prefilter during the winter dusty road season.

mackin
03-02-2003, 06:31
GMCTRUCK

No SES yet......

MAC

DMAXED
03-02-2003, 08:08
I have had the afe stage two on my truck for five mounth and no ses , i got my prefilter from outerwear it works great I took the prefilter off friday and the inner filter look like new, so I would say the prefilter works good. about 6k winter miles.

TBC
03-02-2003, 23:09
GMCTRUCK

Where did you get the prefilter for the K&N?

TN farmer
03-04-2003, 00:03
MAC,

I got mine in also and I guess the only color they had was yellow but it is still better than nothing.

When you installed your intake did it seem like the pipe was to long? I could not get the four bolt holes to line up with the hose connected. I also could not get the pipe to fit if the box was bolted down. I did get it on the truck finally (without it bolted down) and love the way it sounds but I am not sure if it lines up with my hood correctly.

Let me know if you found a fix. Robert

mackin
03-04-2003, 16:00
TN farmer

Yup it is to long ....... Should be approx an inch or less shorter at the turbo inlet.... You can't even,or I can't, remove filter element without loosening up the tube..... Poor design on a nice set-up.....It is a pain to get it in,all bolted up, and it is tight, but possible....I bolted the box in ,then worked from the turbo towards the box on the install.....

The only fix is to hack off a half inch,on the turbo end, for starters and try the fit.....

Yellow is ok, that's the color Toddster wants !!!!!! ;)

Unfortunately the one he's got is blue, maybe he'll swap with ya......

[ 03-04-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Toddster
03-04-2003, 17:21
You gotta realy put some ass behind it to get it all bolted up, this is why I had to install Mackdaddy's for him....I had to put my foot down when unraped his pink pre-filter, that I would not install... ;)

GMCTRUCK
03-05-2003, 14:33
I bet no one knew Mackin and Toddster were married. :D ;) tongue.gif

Toddster
03-05-2003, 19:38
And he's the bitch ! LMAO... :cool:

mackin
03-05-2003, 19:44
Ya but I pitch you catch !!!!!

It's your turn to take out the garbage.....

GMCTRUCK
03-05-2003, 21:45
"Ya but I pitch you catch!!!!!"
:D

You guys need marriage counseling for sure.

Bush Pilot
03-05-2003, 21:57
Does the AFE system have any advantage over the K&N or Amsoil filters. Why did you choose it?

NWDmax
03-05-2003, 22:40
Hey Toddster whats "unraped" mean?
Did you drop the ball?
Har har har tongue.gif

mackin
03-06-2003, 05:37
Now that is a serious TYPO !!!!!!

MAC tongue.gif tongue.gif

DMAXDiva
03-06-2003, 08:00
You guys are BAD... tongue.gif Hey Mac; would you send me your PINK prefilter? (teehee)...
I really did try to order one from Outerwears for my Aircharger, but all they had was purple... :rolleyes:

After all, this IS a GIRL's truck!!! ;)

sdaver
03-06-2003, 19:18
mack chose it cause dave had it first..........the nipple for the restriction monitor(stock) looks like a great spot to introduce the propane............got to have some tranny relief soon.......come on suncoast :D :D dave