PDA

View Full Version : What Happens If I Disconnect Battery?

TG
02-26-2003, 22:41
I plan to install Schefenacker (ttt) mirrors on my 2003 2500 HD D/A this weekend. The instructions call out disconnecting the batteries. I seem to recall that this might reset the transmission shift pattern. Is this correct? If so, what do I do to get it back to "normal"? Any other adverse consequences of disconnecting? Will I loose any other computer info or radio presets?

Thanks very much,

TG :confused:

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: TG ]</p>

mdrag
02-27-2003, 01:17
TG,

I've had both batteries disconnected on my '01 D/A for up to a week and have NOT noticed any difference in the way the Allison behaves afterward. Other than having to reprogram the time/radio stations. I can't say for sure what effect this will have on the '03 trucks.

Transferring to the Accessories forum. Good luck with the mirror install. I read the TTT instructions and they are very detailed. Let us know how it goes.

Silver Bullet
02-27-2003, 11:16
TG - I followed these instrucions (which you pointed me to...thanks!) and found in step 25 of www.ttt-mirror.com/pdf/FittingInstructionsGM.pdf it was easier to pop this off from the inside after removing the kick panel. Good luck!

TG
03-01-2003, 22:48
mdgrag,

Thanks, I didn't even have to re-program my radio stations (I wrote them all down just in case). All I had to do was reset the clock.

Silver Bullet,

Saw in another post that you are having shift indicator problems. Wish I could help. Thanks very much for the advice on step 25. I popped it off from the inside and I think that is easier.

Best regards,

TG smile.gif

Silver Bullet
03-03-2003, 23:55
Thanks TG...The dealer was short a tranny guy today so I should get it back on Tuesday. I am amazed at the info you can get off TDP! I had gathered enough info from several TDP members that I was prepared to change it out myself with confidence. I am sure it would not be too difficult, but I am always nervous going into hi-tech surgery on a $40K+ truck!!! In hindsite, most of the hi-tech surgeries have been pretty easy, but I always learn some "dos" and "do nots" along the way!

TxDoc
03-04-2003, 00:19
Wonder if your memories would be saved with the little 9-volt device that plugs into your cig lighter, about $10.