PDA

View Full Version : Guage Works pod is JUNK !

Toddster
01-06-2003, 14:47
I can't believe I waited well over a month for this piece of $hit ! This thing is not even close to fitting not to mention the tweeter hole is about a half inch off. To top it off I returned a steering column pod that wasn't even close to fitting right just to recieve this piece of crap wich is even worse ! Superb quality control Guage Works.....Keep up the good work ! :mad:

mackin
01-06-2003, 15:12
Toddster

Don't hold back,give it to them !!!!!!! ;)

Can you modify one yourself??? Have you tried calling autometer and see how far along they are???Don't quit know....

MAC :D

TraceF
01-06-2003, 20:46
Toddster-

I finally decided which gauges I would go with today and I bought locally so I wouldn't have to go through what I call "Mail Order Depression" if I am not happy.

I get my stuff Thursday. The dealer who is very experienced with our applications recommended ProPods. I never heard of 'em.

I got a dual pod that goes on the pillar, not covering the whole pillar but rather covering about 30% of it judging by the picture.

My thinking was this- it's black, the rest of my truck interior is grey except the gauge areas and stereo, etc. They're black or at least very dark grey. This goes on the pillar above the tweeter so it will be a black gauge holder too. That way I won't have one black pillar and one grey.

I will let you know how it fits and looks. I know how to send pics by e-mail but haven't had time to figure out how to get links to them on here.

Good luck!

Kennedy
01-06-2003, 21:10
The ONLY difference between the 2003 (tweeter) and the previous models is the tweeter hole. I will not be stocking a model year 2003 specific part as it is much simpler to have one part number, and let the customer cut in the hole if necessary. At some point te pods will be pre-marked so the installer knows where to drill.

Mackin,

Auto Meter IS Gage Works...

mackin
01-07-2003, 04:54
Thats my thinking,get a full pod ,pull the stock pillar ,remove tweeter align gauge pod ,mark and drill with a proper hole saw......Why not??? You have to take it off anyway.....

Tracf

Most are painting to match.....Do a search I think there might be a paint code or even some extra spray paint avail,for graphite interior....

MAC

[ 01-07-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Toddster
01-07-2003, 07:31
Sorry for the rant guys but when you spend that kind of money on a piece of plastic I think maybe it should fit ! As suspected it is a quality control issue. I called them direct and was told there is a recall on them. They told me I could return it to the dealer or ship it directly back to them and wait for the "revised" version. I asked "how long, another month ?" The nice lady said "I have no specific date but very well could be" Guess this is what happens when you take some measurements, fax them over to Korea and wait for the ship......Nuff said on that.........Trace, thanx for the info, keep me posted bud.... :cool:

Kennedy
01-07-2003, 08:19
Personally, I think the short pod is PLENTY good looking anyhow, and no need for the full cover...

Toddster
01-07-2003, 19:42
You are right JK.....Should have gone that route from the git go ! Got one on the way ! ;)

Runaway
01-08-2003, 18:32
Yep, I concur, this is not some of Gauge Works better products. Will be sending it back later this week and ordering the pod. Was under the impression by there site that only the full pillar mount was availble. Must of mis-read or something. The full pillar mount attaches to the original pillar. By the way, I measured, and the tweeter hole is 2" lower than stock.

TraceF
01-09-2003, 18:05
Got my ProPod dual gauge partial pillar stick-on today. It fits like a glove. I hope to get the gauges installed this weekend.

Don't know how to add pics here but I can e-mail them if anyone wants to see how it slips into place.

Toddster
01-09-2003, 19:59
My e-mail is in my sig pal ! Fire away ! ;)

mackin
01-09-2003, 20:21
Toddster

Did you order a Predator???

Just ditch them tweeters all ready !!!!!! :rolleyes:

MAC

Toddster
01-13-2003, 08:05
Mac, now why on earth would I order a Preditor ? I have a wicked idea till someone comes out with the "do it all" box/reflash......If you stayed in touch once in a while we could share..... :eek: