PDA

View Full Version : edelbrock shocks?

Buck
02-23-2003, 01:22
Does anyone have edelbrock shocks? How do they perform? I can't decide between bilstein or edlebrock :confused: both have a lifetime warranty smile.gif I know how bilstein owners feel. I would like some insight on edelbrock monotube shocks?

stretch
02-23-2003, 07:07
I purchased a set for my wifes Astro van and I didn't like them. In my opinion, it actually softened the ride on her van and made it more "boat like". It didn't bounce excessively so I assume they work per their design. Bilsteins I believe stiffen the ride a bit. I guess its a matter of what you are looking for. :confused:

bobojay
02-23-2003, 14:36
Go with the Bilsteins. We've had both kinds, (not on the same kind of vehicle). The Edelbrocks seemed to be just as soft and floaty as the oem's.
The Bilsteins made a world of difference on our 2500HD from stockers. Much more bounce control, especially on the rear with a load......

Buck
02-23-2003, 20:25
Well fellas, I'm glad to hear that. Bilsteins it is.

Buck
02-23-2003, 20:27
Well fellas, I'm glad to hear that. Bilsteins it is.

roegs
02-23-2003, 21:15
I'll vote against Bilsteins. I had a set of factory Bilsteins on my '00 K2500 CC SB, and they were way too stiff for the rear. They were okay towing, but most of my driving was with the rear of the truck empty, and those Bilsteins were like driving on rocks. Maybe the aftermarket Bilsteins are softer, but I'd check a little more before putting them on. Just my .02.