PDA

View Full Version : Easy Waxing

Lone Eagle
10-05-2003, 10:19
Good day all! I have a young 20 year old friend that has a very good looking lifted, customized 03 1500 Silverado. His truck always looks like he just waxed it. I found out he used Eagle One Wax As-U-Dry. I followed the directions on the bottle and I am extremely pleased with the results. I did go one step further and wiped it off after it dried with a clean terry cloth towel. I used about 1/3 bottle to do mine. I bought it at Wal-Mart for $4.47. Later! Frank :D

NWDmax
10-05-2003, 11:13
One of the only things I've ever used that worked as advertised!

DMAXED
10-05-2003, 16:24
I also use eagle one wax as you dry and I am very happy with the results.

DieselDixon
10-08-2003, 21:03
All I have to say is, WOW. Never heard of the stuff before I read this post and went out and bought some. Used it today and that is really cool stuff. Truck feels like I just waxed it. Thanks

Trip
10-18-2003, 04:30
We also went out and bought some at Wally's and this stuff works great. We went over the truck one more time to buff out the small wax steaks that are leftover sometimes. But man, this process allows you to do other things on a Saturday and the truck looks incredible!
Thanks Lone Eagle.

Lonewolf867
10-20-2003, 12:01
Lone Eagle,
THANKS for the heads up on this stuff. After reading your review and the reply's I hit WallyWorld and picked up a bottle. Worked GREAT!
I am sure it is no sub for a real wax job but it does put that Fresh waxed look and feel back between full on clay bar and wax jobs.
Once again there is great info flowing from TDP!

Mike

mdrag
11-17-2003, 10:44
Lone Eagle,

Thanks for the tip on the Eagle 1 wax as you dry. I tried it yesterday and very pleased with the results.

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

gdblake
11-28-2003, 16:42
The new Rain X--Ultra Wax, also available at Wally's for the same price, works great, too. It was the easiest wax to apply and remove that I've ever used. The finish is the most slippery I've experienced.

atvpilot
11-30-2003, 17:10
Hey Guys,
Is it a wax or a polish? Believe it or not I have been using NU Finish Polish in the orange bottle. You can get it from Walmart and that stuff works great. I can polish it in the sun and wipe it off and the shine lasts for about 6 months. I used to have my own detailing business and I found out that polish will last longer and protect your paint better and depending how often you wax your truck you won't get a build up of wax and I have noticed that the shine last longer wash after wash. Just my 2 cents worth. :cool:

Trip
12-04-2003, 05:19
It's a combo of waxes and polymers.

ZL-1
12-22-2003, 13:55
Just a little help on the waxes. Meguires also has a item called Quik Wax that you can apply after you wash and still wet. Just use as the other products. I also have used Wax As You Dry and it seems to do a good job. But don't forget, any wax or polish that is easy to put on and off is probably not going to last very long. Just my two cents worth.

HD-Nate
12-22-2003, 18:43
Originally posted by ZL-1:
...... But don't forget, any wax or polish that is easy to put on and off is probably not going to last very long. Just my two cents worth. THANK YOU.........glad someone else sees this

USA-1
12-24-2003, 20:57
Meguiar"s Gold Class clear coat car wax.Safe for clear coats,goes on and off easily and removes swirl marks.It"s what I use.

max out
12-25-2003, 08:44
I use cleaner wax called ZYMOL, Not the cheapest out there but seems to bead water longer than any other I've tryed so far, And it applies and removes with little effort.

mdrag
01-02-2004, 22:59
Short term update: The Eagle 1 Wax As You Dry lasted the 2.5 weeks between my vehicle washes and was just as easy to apply and worked just as well the second time around :eek: ;)

The way I see it, you have to dry the vehicle after washing it - sparying the Eagle 1 on the car/truck adds no more than a minute or two and the drying part is the same with or without...an extremely quick and inexpensive detailing between conventional wax on/wax off...

DMAXED
01-04-2004, 08:44
I am getting the same results like MDRAG said I try to wash my truck once or twice a mounth and the more you use eagle 1 the longer it last just my $.02

FullPull
01-04-2004, 09:54
Does anybody know the advantages of the Dura Coating you can get when you purchase the vehichle new from the dealer ? Mine is having the Dura Coat applied Tuesday and I was wondering if there is any advantage or is it a dealer scam of some sort.

Scott

TH
01-09-2004, 16:00
Anyone have any experience...good or bad...with 5 Star Shine? Any comments?