PDA

View Full Version : Engine Heater

kw
10-04-2003, 21:41
I am the owner of an Espar D5 hydronic heater and need some installation help. My truck is an 03 cc sb dm with the climate control. So my installation needs to be engine only. For those of you who have these units, where did you take your coolant supply and where did you return the hot coolant?

AOPA Roger
10-05-2003, 00:38
I mounted mine on the frame, on the passenger side. The coolant lines are ran up to the heater hoses.

I haven't connected them yet, but should be able to connect into one of these.

jbplock
10-05-2003, 05:27
I don't have an Espar heater but I did tap the heater hoses for my Coolant Filter Installation (http://community.webshots.com/album/91409363hjwmod) using 2 NAPA 660-1484 5/8 x 3/8 x 5/8 coolant tees. smile.gif

deerhunter7
10-11-2003, 08:18
Kw mine is a frame mount on passenger side ( can check pics in sign ) hoses run up frame up to heater core. Used the inside core hose which hooks to top of engine . So mine is Water in to heater from top of engine . Heated water from Heater to heater core . Easiest place to tie in even if you don't use the cab heating option .

deerhunter7
10-26-2003, 18:15
KW if you look at Jbplock s pictures, the one that says Disconnect Heater Inlet , thats where the water returns from the Espar. And the hose you take off feeds the Espar from top of engine. Don't do backwards or water pump on Espar will be fighting the engine flow. This would not be good.