PDA

View Full Version : Step bars

Burner
11-05-2002, 18:21
Need help here. I'm looking for some step bars or nerf bars for my new truck. I would like to have the wheel to wheel I have now. The only catch is that I need the 4 point mount. I use the rear to access my toolbox, a lot. If the rear is not supported, it will break. Is there a company that makes bars that mount in the rear, other than ICI? The bars I have are great! However, I need to look around before I buy again.

Thanks,

Burner :rolleyes:

Reno DMAX
11-05-2002, 18:26
Putco now makes a full length 4" diameter stainless steel bar.

imported_
11-05-2002, 20:09
Check out the Westin Platinum chrome plated stainless w-t-w. Just had them installed. One of the brackets is close to the rear of the bar and the other about a quarter of the way down from the front. The mounting backets look like about 1/4" steel and very substantial.

I can jump on the rear step (205#'s) with no noticable movement.

imported_
11-05-2002, 22:15
Correction: The mounting bracket is fitted at the front end of the bar, not 1/4 way down, and about 10" in front of the rear step.

I just bounced on the rear step and there's no give.

I ordered a set from Summit Racing for $473 delivered but they had a two month delayed delivery.

Instead of waiting I paid $475, installed, at Grand Prix, Costa Mesa, CA. Kind of pricey but the chrome plated stainless is good stuff.

wangotango
11-05-2002, 22:30
I have the "Go Rhino" wheel-to-wheel tubes in basic black.
About $375 as I recall.
No problem with bed access.
They deflect a tiny bit but no biggee.
I'm 210# ... but only 5'-2".

30 minute install per side.

good luck-have fun

w/t