PDA

View Full Version : Question for dmaxalliTech/ aftmkt warranty

cowboywildbill
10-03-2003, 10:07
I have about 900 miles left on my 02 before I run out of my 3/36 warranty. I haven't had any problems, but could you tell me if I should get an aftermarket warranty and if so, who is the best. I can't afford the GM warranty. I have run the reg juice for over a year now and haven't had any problems. I just can't afford any surprises down the road. I tow on level 2 and run level 3. Will that hurt my trans in the long run? I hear these stories that it will slip even if you don't realize it. I have never had a limp or any glitch's.Thanks for your advice. I have learned a lot from reading your post. Thanks

MaxACL
10-04-2003, 07:54
I have the Waranty Gold 5 yr/150,000 mi. Used it once for a flywheel replacement. No questions ask, no problems. Not cheep.

Mike

PS Be ready for injector filures. Mine went South at 71,000

dmaxalliTech
10-06-2003, 15:21
Bill.. We deal with several extended warr companies here and by far the easiest to deal with is GMPP. It may be a bit pricey, but we have spent days going round and round with warr companies trying to get them to pay.. I have a truck with the motor out (its a gasser) and have had it tore apart now for going on 4 weeks.. Extended warr company dont want to pay and the guy is sitting duck. Has scored main bearings and both head gaskets are blown... GMPP claims are usually approved in a matter of minutes. Dont forget that most of the motor/fuel system is covered under the 100k warr.
Eric

Cancerman
10-07-2003, 05:30
MaxACL your Warranty Gold 150,000 mile policy is no good.
Please see the topic "Warranty Gold S**ks" and my post in it for a link to the latest news on their insolvent insurer.

cowboywildbill
10-07-2003, 13:37
Thanks for the reply, I will look into that warranty. I guess my biggest worry is the tranny.