PDA

View Full Version : Audio heads...tweeters stock aim or angled???

motovet
12-26-2002, 22:02
Hey all, I have a set of Boston 6.5 pros up front and the tweeters are aimed as the stock ones were. Basically one at my knees and the other at the forward center consol. In my Nissan I have my tweeters angled out and like it. Seems to me the staging could be greatly improved in our trucks with the angle mount used. I know the only way to tell is to try as all rigs are different as far as imaging goes. Just thought I might get some feedback before I tear into my doors.

mackin
12-26-2002, 22:46
The stock tweeters are fixed in a straight forward position...To put NEW tweeters in same position will take some customizing....See More DA PICS ,Alpine folder....

MAC

motovet
12-27-2002, 01:48
My stock tweeter mount is no longer used. There is now some new plastic in it's place. The Bostons come with an angle mount that can be used in place of the standard surface mount. I think the imaging will be better if the tweets aren't hitting you in the knee caps. Just wanted to hear if someone else liked the sound of an angle mount before I rip the panels off.

Kennedy
12-27-2002, 09:57
I mounted my Morel's in the factory locations and seems to work fine.

DMAXDiva
12-27-2002, 17:58
Hi Motovet:

I have my MB Quart Q-series tweeters angled upward and inward and am very impressed with the sound quality. I tried the stock configuration, but didn't like the sound near as well. I was considering mounting seperate tweeters in the door pillars until I heard the angle-mount sound...really made a huge difference to me, and I'm a purist when it comes to audio! ;)

motovet
12-27-2002, 19:57
Now of course I planned on doing this anyway, but that is the assurance I was looking for. The panels must come off. The aim is just bad in stock configuration...sounds like the music is at your knees. Rear fill helps, but when I put the power to her I prefer the front stage only. Diva, I LIKE the sub box setup you have it looks real nice. Along with the tweet job I am in the middle of "expanding" my behind the seat space to accommodate (2) 10 w3v2 subs. I am moving the rear seats up 1.5" to gain the much needed depth these subs will require.

motovet
12-30-2002, 02:14
Put the angle mounts on today. Know THAT'S the stuff! The front stage is complete... now to move those crossovers.Under the cup holder looked like a good spot.

[ 01-01-2003: Message edited by: motovet ]</p>