PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filler Neck slow filling problem

ccds
11-05-2002, 07:03
Well I searched and read where people have taken the inner housing and tube out of the stock fuel filler neck to accomodate the larger truck stop filler nozzles.
I went ahead and took the housing & vent tube out and I would not recommend this fix. It has made the fuel filling with the larger nozzle even worse as now there is no vent and the neck will not take the fuel even at the slowest rate without spitting fuel all over.
I will be ordering the fast fill neck to correct the problem even though some people have said it is not the perfect solution. This filler neck is probably as good as it gets.

smile.gif

[ 11-05-2002: Message edited by: ccds ]</p>

mackin
11-05-2002, 07:15
ccds

I have yet to run into a 98/99 chevy but when I do I have to pay close attention to the fill neck...I could fill my 98 without any incident at the big nozzle pumps.....Just not at full blast....I second the spew with the moded stock neck....But I still can do it at a trickle at best as even the first click will result in wet socks if your to close.....Transflow neck(?) is pricey and no one is bragging so I haven't gone that route myself.....If some one can if they have a 98 and a duramax see if the fillers are interchangeable if ya would.....I've been checking local dealers when I think of it and there just isn't many around for some reason......

MAC

mdrag
11-05-2002, 09:27
The Transfer Flow fill neck option on my 56 gal Transfer Flow tank works as advertised. I've filled many times at truck stops using the FASTEST setting without incident. Putting in 40+ gal :eek: in about 2 minutes spoils you REAL quick :D The TFI tank has been in about a year and very satisfied.

The fast fill kit must be installed as instructed, and it took me about 45 min to get it 'perfect'. I don't know whether the fast fill kit works as well on the OEM tank.

ccds
11-05-2002, 11:54
Well I went the GM Stealer this morning to see how much a new filler neck is.....hmmmmm can you beleive it $156.00cdn....just for the top part with that stupid hose attached that goes in side the filler neck and doesn't work properly...

Will look at making a simple modifcation to the present system and then report back if it works.

Thanks Mdrag & mackin for the info..

smile.gif

[ 11-05-2002: Message edited by: ccds ]</p>