PDA

View Full Version : so who is getting what for their truck for Christmas?

buelldude
12-23-2002, 06:02
So who is getting stuff for their truck for Christmas(and what do you think your getting)? I hope to get floormats. :rolleyes:

[ 12-23-2002: Message edited by: buelldude ]</p>

blue_lightning
12-23-2002, 07:32
The better half has bought me a set of Autometer Ultra-lite gauges in silver, a comp probe and a dual gauge pillar mount. I'm going to be busy after Christmas, can't wait. Dave

REC06
12-23-2002, 10:16
Got the pcm tech iv programmer-duramaximiser combo from ppe, jk headlight harness and hopefully a little snow :D

Jelisfc
12-23-2002, 12:24
I was going to get Millennium running boards and a tonneau cover but went Buffalo hunting instead. Maybe the Easter Bunny will be kind to me smile.gif

maxtotow
12-23-2002, 14:32
I got JK's headlight booster.
Dakota Digital's round gauges installed in the overhead console.
both are great!

Kennedy
12-23-2002, 17:50
A couple weeks back, I thought most were going to get lumps of coal :eek: (all the feuding) instead of presents...

mackin
12-23-2002, 18:05
Jk

Ah the funny one !!!!!!!!! You are......

:D :eek:

I'm getting the Diablo, suckers......Well, soon as it released, but it's ordered..... ;)

MAC

I think after the New Year we are going to see an EXPLOSION to the SIGS around here !!!!!!!

Get ready MP, to let us have it.....

Took sig out on edit.... ;)

[ 12-23-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

bearman
12-23-2002, 18:11
A couple of weeks ago I put on a Juice box and an X monitor, yesterday I put on new tires and today I put on a BD exaust brake, and I just got an e-mail notification from UPS and Kennedy Diesel that my headlight booster kit, my Bilstiens and my new power heated mirrors were shipped :D :D . Thanks JK.
Cheers and Merry Christmas
Bear

Kennedy
12-23-2002, 19:10
Mackin,

Glad you're gonna be the guinnea pig on that one! I'll stick with Steve Cole's programming. Some of my contacts have reported a high fail rate with the product you mentioned.

Bearman,

Now if only BD would give us a logic driven brake controller! I cannot see losing cruise when the brake is on, nor an APP driven activation. I'm eventually going to rewire mine to deactivate the BRAKE when the cruise is on and activate the brake when the brake lights are on. Maybe set up some form of a priority relay system...

Also, before you start the shock project, check the part numbers. I have a nagging feeling that I sent all rears (in a hurry) but cannot confirm...

motovet
12-23-2002, 19:43
I got myself an early gift....new sound system. Alpine head,Boston 6.5 Pros driven by JL 300/2 amp,Some 6" coax Bostons in the back driven by the HU.(2) 10w3v2 subs driven by a JL 500/1 amp. MUCH BETTER.

bearman
12-24-2002, 01:09
JK
If you get that rewired, let me know, it sure works good now though, can't wait to get a load on behinnd it. :D .
Will check shock #'s when they get here, thanks for the heads up.
Cheers
Bear
I to will take my sig out on edit, How do I fit more with less space :confused: :confused:

[ 12-24-2002: Message edited by: bearman ]</p>

SoMnDMAX
12-24-2002, 02:15
Picked up an Alpine 7894 AM/FM/CD/MP3/XM head unit tonight, and got it installed. smile.gif smile.gif

Now it's just a matter of getting the *&#$@%%!!@@!# high pass/low pass filters and frequencies set so it sounds good. :mad:

If anyone knows how to set these things up, e-mail me... redface.gif

mackin
12-24-2002, 05:32
SoMnDMAX

Dude took me about a week of tweaking and it sounds mint now......Only problem some one disconnects my battery,their DEAD MEAT!!!! :eek:

I got to find out if it retains logic in the removable face.....That would be extraordinary if it did....Little micro chip.....

I hear the sell Tuning CD's just to do this.....What I did,Put in a Led Zeppelin CD,get a six pack of Heineken (sp?) have a blast !!!!!!! On your last beer it will sound like the best stereo in the world.....Repeat,till your satisfied,or your neighbor calls the cops....LMAO

MAC :D

Everyone has a different preferance to listing pleasure,you'll get it done....

[ 12-24-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Kennedy
12-24-2002, 08:45
SoMn,

Are you talking more or less of crossovers? If you'd do some decent speakers and crossovers...

Seriously, I have my Morel drivers (10x the quality of anything on the shelf in auto sound) and Leap designed crossovers in place, but I still need to install the amp, and decide what to do for a head unit...

I'd like to see that Alpine unit some time, just don't have any funky CD's in it like the last time I turned it on :D

I treated myself to a Yamaha RXV-3300 home receiver and reworked my old Technics speakers (only Technics by cabinets now) with Vifa mids and new Leap designed crossovers. Been tempted (aside from the size) to put an inverter in the truck and see what 130w of REAL power sounds like :eek: Seriuously, this thing RIPS!!!

[ 12-24-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

Wally
12-24-2002, 08:54
I got a new car seat! Now I am just waiting on the occupant. Due first week of January. :D

chuntag95
12-24-2002, 10:20
Congrats Wally! I got the same present about 4 years ago and got the crew cab 2+ years latter to keep its feet out of my back. It was a good barganing chip with the wife since she had grown attached to it. :D

I know I got the dual remote bypass, since it came to the house with my name and I had orders some oil so I opened it. OOPS :rolleyes: Asked for JK's exhaust, gauges and the used juice from DIS but don't know if I'll get any if it. :( I keep telling Mrs. Claus I was a very good boy. ;)

Happy Happy to all.
Chris

[ 12-24-2002: Message edited by: chuntag95 (Chris) ]</p>

SoMnDMAX
12-24-2002, 12:30
Mackin, I've been working on it, and I'm slowly getting things tuned in.... You're right, it takes time. Zeppelin and Schell's beer (local brew) is a good combo. Leave the Heinie (ick) at the store... tongue.gif :D

John, crossovers- yes. There's so many bells and whistles in this head unit, it's difficult for to set up for those of us that are "car audio challenged"... I'll get it sorted out sooner or later. :rolleyes: The 7894 is a very attractive head unit. Next time we hook up, you'll have to check it out.

Funky CD's??? The only funky stuff I've got is Primus and the Beastie Boys... Everything else is mostly "normal". You must be referring to the dyno day last winter at K&S... I'll stick to my guns- that was on the radio, and when I parked the truck, a good tune WAS on. redface.gif :D

Wally, congrats!! Hope the little one arrives healthy!! Nothing like having a tricycle motor running around.. :cool: My nephew is in the "human floor mop" stage. Drools to wet the floor, uses his sleeper to wipe it up. Sounds like me after listening to too much Zeppelin and drinking too many Schell's.. :D

[ 12-24-2002: Message edited by: SoMnDMAX ]</p>

Pizza Man
12-24-2002, 14:21
I'm gettin oil change and maybe fuel filter change.

IndigoDually
12-24-2002, 16:12
Bought the crew cab last year and lo and behold 9 months later I needed more seating. I got a new car seat also 4 1/2 month old cracker snatcher about to outgrow the first one. :D

Happy Holidays All!

John

Steve Joneli
12-24-2002, 19:03
I was just informed the new Personalized License Plates my wife ordered for my truck didn't come. And I thought she didn't like it. Happy Holidays everyone.

buelldude
12-25-2002, 15:56
well I got some new floor mats. Catch-all, they look alot better than the factory rubber ones.

chevmeister
12-26-2002, 09:34
I got a credit card bill for Christmas!!! And lots of Thomas the tank toys (say that three times fast). problem is you have to push them much like f**ds and I get easily bored with them.
What is with kids liking a chunk of wood with with wheels???

chuntag95
12-26-2002, 11:28
I guess I wasn't a good boy. :( I didn't get any of the toys I wanted, buttttt I got her some heated seat retrofit kits. She felt guilty and said I could get an exhaust. smile.gif I sent a msg to JK with a couple of questions and when he gets back to me will order. YEA!!! :D

Thanks to JK's quick response, I have my exhaust on order. Hurry Up and Wait, wait, wait, wait ....... I feel like a kid waiting for Santa. (Too bad he won't get the bill.) Went with the 4" since JK said not real performance increase in the 5". I have started working on the next phase for my birthday. You guys getting the Preditors keep us posted. :D

[ 12-26-2002: Message edited by: chuntag95 (Chris) ]</p>

REC06
12-29-2002, 09:47
Got her some FPPF total power froom JK too. If she likes it may just be a year round treat

Silver Bullet
12-30-2002, 16:15
chuntag95 - What is the install schedule on the exhaust???

chuntag95
12-30-2002, 16:44
I am still waiting on the tracking number from JK. It first free moment after it arrives is my best guess. Been wanting it for a looooong time. Got the wife's seat heaters in yesterday, so no competition for my time there. The wife thought I was just trying to keep her buns warm for her and make her happy. tongue.gif Little does she know. No telling either! ;)

Silver Bullet
12-31-2002, 08:59
Happy wife makes for a happy life!!! :D

chuntag95
12-31-2002, 09:30
Silver Bullet,
You aren't lying about that brother! :D I think I'll bring her to the get together you planned, you just have to keep out little secret here. ;)