PDA

View Full Version : cab clearance lights

TrainMan
09-29-2003, 17:54
Does anyone have the part numbers for the cab clearance lights on a 2003 gmc 2500hd? has anyone put them on yet? looks like it would be a job.

TxDoc
09-29-2003, 18:14
A member had them for sale in this post:

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=001440#000000

And, the part numbers are:

The P/N's are: Harness 15366160 list price-$30.96; Center lamp 15059751 list price-$60.50; side lamps 15059752 list price-$60.50ea.
thanks to the Kansas Kid

JC Whitney has some,too, part number is 49UV1495U (page 142 of catalog 669X-12) and the price is $64.99. The lights are made by Pacer.

Install instructions:
http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002516&p=

The above info came from the search function.

zsqure
09-30-2003, 16:28
I bought the harness from GM and the lights from JC Whitney. BEWARE you get what you pay for. :confused: The instructions for the lights say you are supposed to drill a pilot hole for the sheetmetal screws before attaching the lights to the roof. I think I'll find another way to mount them. GM parts direct.com wants $2.17 each for the hardware to mount the lights, (p/n 15703799) for the 10 pcs it would have cost me $40 including shipping (They are sold in packs of 5 and I really wanted 12 but I had to buy 15 just in case...you know.). We have a few furd L9000's that I used drill screws to mount the cab lights with but I can't do that to my new chebbie. :(

tysmith
09-30-2003, 17:19
I no longer have the lights. Just FYI: The FACTORY lights are made by Blazer, Ltd.

Ty

tophog
10-10-2003, 17:46
I think the plastic OEM standoffs the lights screw into snap into square holes cut into the roof ... so this would be harder to install unless you have a square drill bit ... and the square holes would be much larger. I could be wrong.

TrainMan
10-10-2003, 17:52
Thanks for all the help, it sounds like it would be a job just to put them on, so i think i will just go with the lund moon visor.

battmain
10-13-2003, 13:52
I think the plastic OEM standoffs the lights screw into snap into square holes cut into the roof ... so this would be harder to install unless you have a square drill bit ... and the square holes would be much larger. I could be wrong.You're right. Had mine off yesterday to replace a blown bulb. You should see the size of the hole for the harness! :eek:

andrewfessler
10-13-2003, 19:08
I bought a set of clearence lights (aftermarket) for $85 this evening and decided to put them on. It took me about 90 minutes from start to finish.

I had to drill holes in the roof for the lights and opted to put a dab of silicone around each hole to help keep water out.

I only drilled a hole big enough for the wire as needed.

When hooking the power wire up in the control box on the passenger side of the truck, I spliced into the back of the box for my power. I noticed that this supply wire is REALLY small.

I was wondering if those of you who used the factory wiring harnes, noticed any type of relays being used. My concern is that this little brown wire, appears to not be rated for running all five lights.

I think I will just go to Radio Shack and rig up a relay, and pull the light power from one of the live wires in the same connector.

The truck definately looks more like a truck now. smile.gif Tomorrow....magnaflow 5 inch chrome tip...

mdrag
10-13-2003, 20:07
Originally posted by andrewfessler:
I bought a set of clearence lights (aftermarket) for $85 this evening and decided to put them on. It took me about 90 minutes from start to finish.

I had to drill holes in the roof for the lights...It would have taken me AT LEAST that long just to gather the courage to drill the first hole :eek:

Did you take any pictures of the completed install?

MAV
10-14-2003, 03:21
I put my factory style lights on after the fact also. I just used 1/4 spade female connectors and hooked them onto the correct pins in the panel on the pass side. I drill holes big enough for wire and used no silicone. Dry so far. I just screwed the lights straight to the roof. Looks just like OEM

andrewfessler
10-14-2003, 05:34
I didnt take any photos, not sure why. The camera was sitting in the back seat the whole time. I can take a finished photo, but who hasnt seen a Chevy with the lights. smile.gif

As for the wiring connector. There was one place to hook the wire up, it was in the passenger panel blank, the very bottom connector.

I did a test and one of the wires is live all the time, the other is live when the truck is running, and the third is live when the parking lights are on. Since I didnt have a connector, I had to splice in the back, that is when I noticed the wire was a very small gauge.

I decided I didnt want to risk a water leak, my 94 truck leaks water from the roof.