PDA

View Full Version : GMC Grill part number question

battmain
11-02-2002, 19:12
Does anyone with access to the parts catalog know...

The GMC grill has three pieces to it. Center and the two outer pieces that go under the headlight. Is the outer piece available separately from the center piece?

I hit a bird one the way home last night and it cracked/broke quite a few of the plastic pieces up front. I've found all the other parts online using the info printed on them, but the grill part number doesn't show up.

mattb5150
11-03-2002, 09:38
Battmain,

I think its all one piece, although there are chrome center sections on some and some of the Yukons and XL's have a black center section. I just did a billet center section in mine and there are two parts but the are "welded" together so I would suspect that only one part number is available.

Matt B.

battmain
11-04-2002, 17:02
Yeah, I saw that there are a few plastic welds that attach the side to the center. I'm hoping to be able to order just the one side piece.

Searay90
11-07-2002, 11:09
The grill looks to be 3 pieces, but it is "plastic welded" toghether and only availiable as a complete replacement unit. The PN is 15082219 and GM list is 408.00. I'm rebuilding my front end thanks to a stupid deer.

battmain
11-07-2002, 15:34
"PN is 15082219 and GM list is 408.00."

That last number is what I'm trying to avoid. :( I knew it would be somewhere around there if I ordered the whole piece. I was hoping somebody with one of the collision parts manual could help with a part number for just that one piece. I mean, they assemble and plastic weld it somewhere...

The goop I used seems to be working ok so far on the two headlight brackets, and the headlight is still aligned.