PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warrantee?

Hillbilly
10-30-2002, 13:18
Hey, has anyone bought the GM Protection Plan for their DMAX? How about a 3rd party plan. What is your opinion?

I have almost 500 pleasurable miles on Big Max now, but sometime down the road he will have to have some expensive work done.

hickcox
10-30-2002, 22:39
I bought the GM Protection Plan, haven't had to use it but at least I'm prepared and I know the plan will more then likely pay for itself in the long run.
You know injectors and labor aren't cheap, and I'd rather be safe then sorry.

I had a third party plan back twenty years ago with my 6.2L Suburban and the cost of replacing the injection pump paid for the plan, the plan then continued to pay for a starter and a tranny as well. Very much worth the money.

JEBar
10-31-2002, 05:01
based largely on experiences related in past threads I went with Warranty Gold ... 5 year (from purchase of the plan) 150,000 mile coverage, $0.00 deductable, even covers tire repair ... cost just under $1,000 less than GM's 5 year (from date of purchase) 100,000 mile plan which had either a $100 or $500 deductable (can't remember which) .... Warranty Gold also arranges payements for $360 down and something like $160 a month for 10 months with NO interest ... our second choice was a plan through AAA ... pays to look around and see what is best for you .... Jim

Tim B
10-31-2002, 11:58
Why should I buy the GM plan if it's only good for 100,000 miles ? The original Duramax engine warranty is for the same length of time and it seems like that's where any major cost would be. I know it would be expensive to repair the Allison but it's more of a 'known' commodity and I would not expect to see major problems until well after that mileage.
What I want is to be able to buy a warranty that STARTS at 100,000 miles and goes forward from there. Yes, I know I'm dreaming.

Tim B.

hoot
10-31-2002, 12:09
I want a life insurance policy that starts at age 80.

ryeguy
10-31-2002, 15:16
I bought the FSM's. Lots cheaper than any extended warrantee program. :) Granted, it won't cover parts, but I don't charge myself for labour...

--Rob