PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION ON DASH LIGHTS

RONCLYDE
12-19-2002, 08:08
Have a 01 silverado and at the control panel for heat/ac unit has four push button switches along the bottom. all of them have a back light to show the icon for the switch function except the ac switch. is this normal or if not how do i change the bulb? thanks

Rebel_Horseman
12-19-2002, 09:28
In my '01 they all light up. Unfortunately, there is no way to replace a light in the entire switch panel. Tehy are all hard wired into the circuit board I believe. I had an '01 1500 that all the button lights went out on and they had to give me a whole new switch panel.

Reb [><]

Allison Jettester
12-19-2002, 09:37
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the AC light only comes on when it is pushed in to turn the AC on.

DmaxMaverick
12-19-2002, 16:47
RONCLYDE

A/C and snowflake should light up with I/P lights. When A/C is on, the amber dot should light up. Sounds like yours has failed. Does the dot and A/C come on when you push the button? If you are out of warranty, I'd suggest living with it if the A/C still engages with a button push. The new HVAC head is around $60 at gmpartsdirect.com . Part # 15054698. This is for the head with rear defog button (4 buttons on bottom). Good luck.

RONCLYDE
12-20-2002, 08:19
Yeah the switch still works, the yellow light comes on when activated it is just the back lighting that does not work. I still have about 16 mths left on the warranty so i thing i will just schedule it at the next service. thanks for all the help!

mackin
12-20-2002, 09:46
Since were on lamps,anyone know the replaceable gauge cluster lamp #'s.......? If possible,Actual Wattage??

Tanks......
MAC