PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Thermometer

Murf
07-14-2003, 21:41
Anybody know where the sensor is for the temperature readout in the fancy rear view mirror I've got? Seems to be pretty accurate based on references from various temps outside of banks and such. Thanks

Maverick
07-14-2003, 23:12
01-02's were right behind the grill. It would read hot with the winter bra (grill) on so some have moved them to the headlight openings. Maybe someone with an 03 will chime in if its in a different spot.

jbplock
07-15-2003, 05:38
The temp sensor is also behind the grille on my 03.
It also seems to be fairly accurate. Problem is that it accurately measures the heat soak that can build up behind the grille when the truck is idling, setting in the sun after shut down, or with the winter cover on. Without the cover, it seems to read outside ambient well once the truck is moving and the temp equalizes. Moving the sensor down lower would probably help when the winter cover is on. smile.gif

chipper
07-15-2003, 09:46
I moved mine down behind the headlight & it works well under all conditions now.

DMAX Daddy
07-15-2003, 20:53
My 03 went from a fairly accurate temp of 85 to 119 in an LA traffic jam. Im going to move it next time Im poking around.