PDA

View Full Version : Piaa wipers anyone???

Maxxheadroom
08-27-2002, 22:41
Question for the Dmax veterans here...have any of you tried the Piaa wiper blades yet...supposed to be slicker n' snot on a door knob!! TIA

mr bill

motovet
08-28-2002, 00:14
Well that is slick...... but as slick as baby oil on rubber sheets? I haven't even heard of them but I am ready for a new set already. Maybe I will see if my local truck shop has them.

Maxxheadroom
08-28-2002, 18:04
Motovet
here is the link for the wipers from Weatherteh.com...a little pricey but I think they could be worth it...

http://www.weathertech.com/store/prodsearch.asp?item_group_id=43

Idle_Chatter
09-07-2002, 17:19
Well, I went to that link and wound up buying the PIAA wipers AND the Weathertech Weatherflectors. The wipers seem really good, but haven't had a chance to really work them out as it's been pretty dry here since Labor Day. The Weatherflectors are GREAT! I had the black plastic "stick-on" jobs on my Tahoe and not only were they cheesy with double-stick tape, but they really doubled the width of the A-pillar and made for a really dangerous blind spot. The Weatherflectors snap right into the window channel (took all of two minutes to install the pair) no clips, tape, screws or anything. They are really low profile, lightly shaded and offer very little vision impairment and provide a good weather-proof 2" of window opening for heat relief when parked and fresh air when traveling. I love 'em!

motovet
09-08-2002, 01:15
Looks like you will have to get someone to simulate some rain with the garden hose. When you do get to try them out I would be interested to know how they work. Wipers are very important and get a LOT of use up here much of the year. Thanks for the link Max.

JEBar
09-08-2002, 03:56
Idle_Chatter....couldn't agree more on the Weathertech's ... have them on 3 vehicles and have found them to be the best yet....Jim :cool: