PDA

View Full Version : Tapping into OEM harness for remote start wiring

c5dura
10-29-2002, 20:34
I was wondering if someone that has already installed a remote start would be kind enough to share the best locations for tapping into the OEM harness for the following:

* Parking lights (is more than 10A needed?)
* Negative horn trigger wire
* Negative signal for "Wait to Start Light"
* 12V signal when brake is depressed
* OEM alarm disarm ground pulse
* OEM alarm rearm ground pulse
* Tach input
* ACC
* IGN 2/ACC 2 (is this used on these trucks?)
* IGN
* Starter (is more than 30A needed?)
* Negative pulse for door lock
* Negative pulse for door unlock

Are these trucks negative pulse for door lock/unlock?

Thanks!

chevmeister
10-29-2002, 21:46
* Parking lights (is more than 10A needed?)
I tapped behind the switch just find the wire for the lights and tie to it.(10 amp should be fine)
* Negative horn trigger wire
* Negative signal for "Wait to Start Light"
* 12V signal when brake is depressed
Brake box wire harness.
* OEM alarm disarm ground pulse
* OEM alarm rearm ground pulse
* Tach input
* ACC
* IGN 2/ACC 2 (is this used on these trucks?)
* IGN
* Starter (is more than 30A needed?)
* Negative pulse for door lock
* Negative pulse for door unlock
For the door locks you need a relay. both wires are negative now when you hit the switch you change on or the other to hot.
Are these trucks negative pulse for door lock/unlock?
No

Hope it helps some. most of the ign and acc wires are easiest to get at the base of the steering collum.

[ 10-29-2002: Message edited by: chevmeister ]</p>

Alli-max
10-31-2002, 23:14
ALL your questions answered......

www.the12volt.com EXCELLENT forum for alarms, stereos, etc.

c5dura
11-01-2002, 11:13
Thanks Alli! Awesome site. I did a search on 'silverado' quickly located the info below. I figured I'd post it here in case others are looking to hookup a remote start.

| 12V|red |+ |ignition harness |
| STARTER|yellow |+ |ignition harness |
| IGNITION|pink |+ |ignition harness |
| SECOND IGNITION|white |+ |ignition harness |
| ACCESSORY|orange |+ |ignition harness |
| POWER LOCK|lt. blue |+ |brown plug at BCM *1 |
| POWER UNLOCK|white |+ |brown plug at BCM *1 |
| LOCK MOTOR|gray | |drivers kick panel |
| UNLOCK MOTOR|tan | |drivers kick panel |
| DISARM DEFEAT|tan/black | |passengers kick panel |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|brown | |lt. blue plug at BCM *1 |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|white | |lt. blue plug at BCM *1 |
| HEADLIGHTS|white |+ |lt. blue plug at BCM *1 |
| DOOR TRIGGER|*2 |- |BCM *1 |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|lt.green |- |drivers kick *4 |
| TACHOMETER|white *5 | |ECM *3 |
| SPEED SENSE|dk.green/white | |ECM *3 |
| BRAKE WIRE|white |+ |brake pedal switch |
| HORN TRIGGER|black |- |brown plug at BCM *1 |
| WIPERS| | | |
| LF WINDOW UP/DN|blue - brown |A |drivers door switch |
| RF WINDOW UP/DN|blue - brown |A |passenger door switch |
| LR WINDOW UP/DN| | | |
| RR WINDOW UP/DN| | | |

Notes:
NOTE: This vehicle has the passlock II immobilizer system *1 The BCM is located behind the drivers side of the dash. The plugs on the BCM face towards the rear of the vehicle. The parking lights are in pin A5 and the headlights are in pin **1. *2 Use tan for the drivers door located in pin B4 of the purple plug, and for the passenger door it will be a orange in pin B2 in the purple plug or dk.blue/white in pin B11 of the lt.blue plug, must diode isolate these wires. *3 ECM is located near the battery, down low, between the fender and the fan under the black plastic cover. On the 4.3L, the tach wire is at pin 20 in the connector labeled 'red', and VSS wire is at pin 3 in the connector labeled 'black'. On the 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L, the tach wire is located at pin 10 in the 'red' connector, and VSS wire is located in pin 50 of the 'red' connector. *4 Also found in the purple plug of the BCM. *5 Diesel tach wire is white at the cluster. Diesel wait to start wire is dk. blue (-) located at the instrument cluster.

chuntag95
11-01-2002, 11:29
I just finished doing this exact install. You don't have to get into the kick panel to get the drivers door unlock. It is on the BCM (Body Control Module). The tach and wait to start signals can be pulled from the instrument cluster. The only things that I ran into the engine were the 2 red power wires, the hood switch and the siren. I also powered 4 ignition circuits. There was a pink, white, orange and brown. The little yellow is the starter. WARNING - THE AIR BAG WIRE HAS A YELLOW SHEATH. It looks like the wire you would send to the starter, but it is not. The little skinny yellow wire goes to the starter. The dome light is the dark blue with white strip on the light switch. If you hook into the parking lights as well as the headlights, the chime goes off when you arm or disarm. The disarm stays on a looonnnnggggg time. I took out the parking lights and just left the headlights. There are 2 door triggers. One for the driver and one for all the others. You have to diode isolate them. Here is some info I got on the factory alarm and RAP feature.
To shut down RAP without triggering your aftermarket alarm: Cut any one of the door trigger wires in half; insert a diode inline, facing in the direction that allows the door trigger to still work. Then attach your "pulse after shutdown" wire to the BCM side of the diode, and your alarm's door trigger wire to the "car" side of the diode.............the diode will prevent your new alarm from "seeing" the "pulse after shutdown,", but the GM's BCM will still be able to see it.
Dome light supervision: Connect your new alarm's dome light supervision wire to the BCM side of that diode; the same place as the "pulse after shutdown." This will give you (30 seconds?) of aftermarket supervision, followed by whatever the factory delay is. If you want the delay to be just like factory, split your alarm's unlock wire with two diodes-----send one to the normal unlock wire, and the other to the BCM side of that door trigger wire------the car will think a door has opened, thus activating the factory delay.
Factory re-arm: There are only two ways to arm the factory alarm. 1. Press Lock on the factory keyless. 2. While any door is open, press the power lock button on the door panel, and close the door. ------------ I tried to diode-split the alarm's lock output.....one to the lock wire and the other to one of the door triggers.....but this didn't work for me. I think the BCM needs to see the door being opened BEFORE the lock button is pressed. If you have the time and energy, you could probably duplicate this using some pulse timers or something, which I've never tried before. Or solder into the factory remote, bury it under the dash, and trip it with a relay. For now, though, you'll need to get in the habit of locking the doors before you exit the car, and then arm your aftermarket system with the remote.
This is from the 12V site above. It is awesome, but they don't respond as fast as TDP folks.

Shoot me an email at my id without the Chris in parenthesis at attbi dot com and I can answer specific questions for you.

chevmeister
11-01-2002, 19:19
Is there any way to use the panic button to remote start? wonder if I can disable the panic and make it remote start instead? Or is the bcm the same as the ones in the suburban? can i get a 4 button gm controller and use the rear hatch button to remote start? Just getting the brain wave movin! Ill figure it out some day. unless someone already has then they can tell me.