PDA

View Full Version : What's this vent-like thing over my head?

AbqGeorge
09-21-2003, 20:08
Just above the left side of my head is a vent-like device in the headliner. '03 Silverado 2500HD.

Any ideas what this is for?

bearman
09-21-2003, 20:32
If you have climate control, that will be your temp sensor.
Cheers
Bear

HD-Nate
09-22-2003, 08:31
Originally posted by AbqGeorge:
Just above the left side of my head is a vent-like device in the headliner. '03 Silverado 2500HD.

Any ideas what this is for? Its a "Flow Bee", push the button and it give you a hair cut :D tongue.gif

Is kind of a menacing little gadget isn

sonofagun
09-22-2003, 13:10
Temp sensor. It has a little fan in it that you can, on occasion, hear. Mine gave out a while back, sounded like a weed whacker. They could have put it anywhere but over the drivers head. You do get a close-to-you temp reading that way.

Bob

AbqGeorge
09-23-2003, 18:16
Well gawwwlllly, I'll be durned'

I figured someone on the line poked a hole in the liner and just stuck that vent in there to cover up the mistake.

Yep, got the auto temp control. But now that begs the question, "Where does Phyllis get her temp setting from?" Or is that separate knob for her temperature one of those placebo things? I'll never tell ;)

HDLD
09-23-2003, 19:00
Mine's been making a weed wacker sound on a couple of ocasions the past few weeks, most recent was this morning but didn't occur after that for the remainder of the day.

sonofagun
09-24-2003, 10:55
HDLD,

The dealer will replace it if still under warranty. Assuming they can duplicate the problem!!

Regards,
Bob

HDLD
09-24-2003, 11:08
Since it was intermittent (mostly not happening), I was going to wait for it to become more pronounced but as "luck" would have it, I went in today to get help with my Bilstein install from hell and mentioned to them if they got a chance to look at it. They did and replaced it under warranty.