PDA

View Full Version : radio controlls

socaltoolguy
09-21-2003, 19:04
sometime in the last year I read about somebody in Texas I think that did an aftermarket install of radio controls mounted on the steering wheel. I think the name of the shop was JP something or other. I inadvertently deleted the address from my bookmarks. Can anyone help me out? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Joe Pool
09-21-2003, 19:32
Try www.jpcustoms.com (http://www.jpcustoms.com)
Look under stereo/video controls.

socaltoolguy
09-27-2003, 21:36
Thanks for the help Joe.

mdadgar
09-29-2003, 14:19
I just installed these last week, along with a PIE adapter that let's me plug my iPod into the Aux jack on the factory POS stereo.

Two thumbs up on both upgrades.

The steering wheel audio controls kit from JP Customs is first-rate. The instructions are great and the kit is complete. Even the time estimate (3-3.5 hours) is accurate, although my time included installing the PIE adapter and routing the cable to where I wanted it (what a PITA).

And it just RULES to have 5GB of mp3's at my disposal on a long tow to the race track. smile.gif

Highly recommended.

- Mark

ratlover
09-30-2003, 04:48
They are the factory switches right? All the factory stuff works along with em right? Fule milage and curb assist mirrors and all that jive? Thanks

mdrag
09-30-2003, 05:05
Originally posted by ratlover:
They are the factory switches right? All the factory stuff works along with em right? Fule milage and curb assist mirrors and all that jive? Thanks I added the SWAC to my '01 some time ago and agree that Jason has a 1st class kit/instructions using GM parts. Two different kits are listed 1998-99 (old body style) and 1999-2002 so I don't believe they will work on an '03.

mdadgar
09-30-2003, 09:09
My friend's new '04 has a completely different (and nicer) steering wheel, which I assume the '03's have, too.

The JP Customs kit will not fit that wheel.

The PIE adapter for the stereo inputs works fine, though.

- Mark

ratlover
09-30-2003, 09:16
I was told by jp customs when I emailed them that they were working on something and it would be out soon.

I was told by some one else(dont know how reliable) that I would need a new wheel/airbag/controlls pcm and wiring harnes and someone to reprogram things :eek: Dont know if I believe all that.

I didnt know that not buying the truck with the controlls would leave me without a fully functioning D.I.C. :rolleyes: ;) Last time I listen to a slaesman :mad: