PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to Power Mirrors

Diesel Dad
08-23-2002, 06:51
Hi,
After being a long-time viewer of your forum, I've taken the leap and become a contributor.

Earlier this week, I just finished installing power, heated Lucerix mirrors on my Chevy Silverado 3500 LT. It came with factory towing mirrors and did not have a mirror switch.

I took the triangular panels off the doors and found a wiring connector, so I supposed that we we're wired.

I ordered the Lucerix power, heated mirrors and went to the GM dealer for parts. I needed to buy the mirror switch (PN 1504 5085) and a trim plate (1572 9641). The two parts were about $90 CDN in total.

The switch and trim plate installed in 5 minutes or so and the mirrors work great !

Hope this helps others looking to add power to their mirrors. Not sure whether all trucks have mirror wiring, but it's easy to check.

trailhorserider
08-23-2002, 07:21
Diesel Dad,
Good choice on the mirrors. You're fortunate that a connector was available in the door: probably because you had an LT. My LS regular cab had no wiring in the driver's door, only the four wires running from the large connector behind the panel near the driver's left foot to the right side mirror. Figuring out the correct switch wiring and doing a proper job wiring the door took some time. Well worth it, however.

Rick T

3-Fan
02-26-2003, 15:06
trailhorserider,

Any way you could send me any info you have on how you wired up your power mirrors from the stock set-up? Do you have heat with yours? If so, did you need to replace the climate control unit to get the defrost button to turn them on and off?

Thanks,
Greg

rdd
03-01-2003, 12:48
I had the same experiance as Diesel Dad with my 2002 3500 LS. Poped off the triangle trim on the door, wiring harness was right there along with the connector at the arm rest panel. I installed the heated power mirrors from Stylin Concepts. Look a lot like the Lucerix but are from Cipa. Here's the URL:
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/partfamilyid/736/CategoryID/29/SubCategoryID/264

fred
03-01-2003, 14:29
hi, diesel dad do you want to get rid of your stock towing mirrors i'd like to try a set my stock mirrors suck!,,