PDA

View Full Version : Power upgrade for windshield washer pump?

Ray Sharpe
11-12-2004, 16:16
Is it just me or does the windshield washer nozzles suck on these trucks? When I'm cruising at 75 my washers only get about 8" up the windshield. This is a major problem for me up here in Canada with all the snow and road salt! I've been thinking about finding a system off of a 99+ truck with the nozzles on the wiper arms. Does anybody have a solution? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

markrinker
11-12-2004, 17:26
I agree...MORE POWER needed...

DmaxMaverick
11-12-2004, 18:05
I agree that they are less than ideal. But....Does your truck have a deflector installed? If so, they will really make the washer useless above walking speed.

With that said....You could replace your current wiper arms with late model ('99 +) arms. They do seem to work better than the older C/K models. Best bet would be to pick them up at a wrecking yard. The thought of what the dealer might charge scares me.

Ray Sharpe
11-13-2004, 04:45
I'm going to try the wiper arms off my girlfriends dads '02 pickup today to see if they fit. they would be a vast improvement. BTW, I do have a deflector on my truck, but I ran it for a while without one and if there was a change I couldn't notice it, they just plain suck!

Peter J. Bierman
11-13-2004, 07:04
On my old 85 blazer I took a pair off nozzles that mount on the wiper arm and replummed the hoses to them.
Even with my wipermotor driven pump I get washer fluid all over the windsceen even at 70 MPH.

Those nozzles are a very common truckpart used on trucks, construction equipment and so on.

Cheep and very effective. :D