PDA

View Full Version : another running board question yet again, sorry.

James S
08-19-2002, 16:47
Hey Folks,

I read it on here but cannot find the answer. What kind of running board should I get for my black 03 crew cab SLT long bed, [on order] stainless steel or Chrome? Which one rusts the LEAST??? Are any of Deezee's boards good? Which ones. I want a wide one, which is strong enough for someone about two-hundred and fifty pounds to stand on it, and a wide board, with good grip!!! I would prefer not to get tubes. Thanks for the replies.

Paintdude
08-19-2002, 18:24
Tubes mount to the frame and should hold your weight..

Most running boards mount to the body..Mostly for looks and to keep road debris off the sides..IMO..

Stainless is what you want no matter what you purchase..

SoMnDMAX
08-20-2002, 00:29
I've got Luverne stainless boards, and couldn't be happier!!

They hold my 310 pound a** without a problem.

http://www.luvernetruck.com/Product_Line/Side_Entry_Steps/side_entry_steps.html

Heartbeat Hauler
08-20-2002, 15:19
I just had the Owens Fiberglass cab & box boards installed on my 01 3500. They look good, but the third time I stepped on the box board to release my hitch, the end bolt pulled through the fiberglass. I installed a flat plate to cover more area and this seems to have fixed it. I first installed the Luverne SS boards, but me AND my wife noticed that the boards installed to high and to far under the truck to really be useful. The box boards were the same. I will admit they look the best in what I have seen, but I strongly recommend you test fit them before you sign the check.
JP

fordpuckettjpuckett@tampa
08-20-2002, 15:39
---I have-- DTA Chrome Staineless and am realy happy with them.

Alaskan Kid

2002 SIERRA 2500 HD 4WD Extended Cab SLT
Duramax Alison
Locking Rear Differential
Dual Alternators
Heavy Duty Trailering Equipt
Electronic Shift Transfer Case
Electric Rear Window Defogger
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Off Road Skid Plate
Ext Electric Heated Mirrors
Wiring Provisions For Camper
A.R.E. CH Cab High Cap With Glass Windoors
Line X Spray in under Rails Bed Liner
Full Carpet Bed Rug
DTA Chrome Plated Stainless Running Boards
DTA Front & Rear Mud Flaps
Tail Gate Lock
56 Gallon Transfer Flow Fuel Tank & Fast Fill Neck
Futomo Drain Valve
Invinca-Shield
Jordan Ultima Brake Controller
Xm radio

Vette Racer
08-21-2002, 11:47
I have the Luverne SS boards and they have worked fine. I have no problem stepping on them to get in the truck except when its wet, you have to make sure and put your foot on the pad or you could slip. They hold my 275lbs just fine and look good on the truck. I use the rear section to step on all the time when I need something out of the bed or when I hook up the 5th wheel light plug.