PDA

View Full Version : Air bags and truck ride

a bear
06-30-2003, 18:59
Was thinking about installing air bags but being my first time to use them I was curious as to how the truck would ride while unloaded. Would appreciate any comments. :confused:

CanadaKev
06-30-2003, 19:18
Tommy,
When unloaded, run the bags at 10 psi and the ride is fine. If you leave 50 lbs in them it'll definately stiffen things up.
Kev

VFRRider
06-30-2003, 21:31
Got the AirLift Bags with Dual Guage set-up from JK. Install was ok, took me 2 evenings. I cannot tell the difference from stock ride when the bags are at min. pressure (5psi). I fill em to about 50psi when I hook the 5th up, it greatly reduces sag, and cuts down on porposing with a heavy pin weight. I'm sure with Blisteins it would be even better, would probably settle any bouncing out quicker. I did notice my stock exhaust runs rather close to the passenger side airbag.. if you had a 4 inch, I would guess it would be tighter, but the kit comes with a heat shield. I'm took some pics of the install, will post them when I get time. You have several options when it comes to mounting the compressor and running the lines, my setups works real good for me. Good buy if you have a heavy 5th or bed camper.
My .02
Mike

mdadgar
07-01-2003, 13:59
I have a Kelderman Air Suspension on the rear of my 2500HD CC SWB. It has markedly improved the ride of the truck, particularly when empty on concrete freeways.

Kelderman (http://www.keldermanmfg.com/new_air_ride/Chevy01up_srtbox_rear_air_ride.htm)

The Kelderman system is purely for ride comfort. While it retains the stock load rating, it does not improve on it.

Let me just say that Kelderman has the finest customer service and support of any vendor I've ever worked with. We hit some snags with the install (since corrected) and Jeff Kelderman went WAY, WAY above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I was happy.

I'd buy from them anytime.

- Mark

a bear
07-02-2003, 19:20
Thanks for the input guys. :D