PDA

View Full Version : XM IS UP AND RUNNING (Attn 3 Fan)

thechevyhdman
10-22-2002, 20:07
Well I installed my Xm radio today. Total process including removing rear seat pulling up drivers carpert, routing about 100 feet of wire it seems. And basic other odds and end start to finsih with Xm working 1 hr into the project 2 hours total time. Wired antenna through center high mounted stop light. Came out great easy easy install. If anybody needs a hand with info on it ill sure help. And 3-Fan I have no interference between CB and XM, and the antenna wires for both are side by side. I actually called up Sonys help center. They say they have no replies about interference through CBs or XM. I dont know if you caught my last post. I think if you are using the FM modulated Xm radio your interference is coming through either your CB antenna or your Fm antenna seeming that you might have the Xm setup that recieves signal but, sends the signal to your radio through FM wavelengths. Thats my only idea My ground was under the back seat so Its far from my CB ground. But I cant hear any interference from CB vs XM. Send me an email if you need
Gmanjr96@aol.com

TxDoc
10-22-2002, 20:33
Nice Work! Is being patient and not hurrying the main thing for success?

If they want to add XM to the space shuttle, I will tell them to contact you. smile.gif