PDA

View Full Version : ? About Lucerix Mirrors

RONCLYDE
10-21-2002, 07:19
Just installed a set of Lucerix mirrors from Kennedy Diesel and am extremly thrilled with the product and service i recieved from him. But i have a question for those of you that have them installed. How easy or hard is it to extend them? The drivers side I need both hands to extend while the passenger side I can do with about 3 fingers. The pass side I can also feel about 3 detents as to adjustments. Is this normal? THANKS!

Kennedy
10-21-2002, 09:49
The 3 detent thing is new to me. First I've heard of it. As for sliding out, if the LH gets to be too easy, just lemme know. You could try some WD-40 on the drivers side, BUT I'd rather have it pull hard than too easy...

sw11497
10-21-2002, 16:38
I bought some from Kennedy a few months back I like them so well I have recommended them to several people. I have the same minor issue with the driver side mirror. It tends to move out (ever so slowly) on it's own. I used a little graphite to make them slide easier but, I think the WD40 would have been the better choice. ;) I have never noticed detents either.

Road Kill
10-26-2002, 12:20
Ron Clyde could you tell more about the three detents on the pass side? My pass side mirror is at the wrong angle and I had heard that they were making some kind of change so you could adjust it. Kenndy checked with factory and they said their had been no manafacturing changes. If you in fact have three detents then something has changed and I would like to know for sure. Thanks for your help. smile.gif

RONCLYDE
10-28-2002, 07:52
Sorry about the three detents thing. i must have had three too many beers. there is a stop for where the mirror should be as far as in or out from the body. the drivers side is real hard to extend but the pass side is easy. still love them.

Road Kill
10-28-2002, 15:53
Thanks Ron Clide. :cool: