PDA

View Full Version : Got Zaino?

VFRRider
09-02-2003, 18:31
Just applied 5 coats of Zaino over 3 days, and I am STUNNED at the results. Black truck, almost a year old, thought I was doomed to follow the path my black Aurora took....nice black car, several months go by, swirls, fine scratches, dull finish start to surface, nothing could save her. Tried all the name brand waxes, still looked like crap. The truck looks better than it did when I took delivery and thats no BS. If you are obsessive about your DMax like most on this board are and you are still using waxes, you are wasting your time and money IMHO. As skeptical as I was, I am now sold. Thanks once again to those members who shared the info that got me to once again to try a product recommended here.

Mike :cool:

mfontana
09-02-2003, 20:25
VFRRIDER: How involved was the process. By hand or machine? Is it water based or ?

VFRRider
09-02-2003, 20:41
Its not for the meek, very labor intensive. My arms are still sore. I purchased the show kit. Started with 2 washes to strip old wax. Then lubed surface with spray solution and rubbed entire surface with claybar. Can't believe all the junk the claybar took off, heck I thought it was clean. Then washed again with provided wash solution. Then started with #5 polish. Mix it with ZFX additive to speed curing. Let dry, remove, wipe down entire surface with #6, and repeat. Did that 3 times. Then went to #2, did same procedure twice. The thing with this polish is, you have to let it dry, and that can take some time. Thats why it took 3 days. I don't know if its water based, they dont say. They say you can use a machine, but that would be wasteful, because you are supposed to layer very thin coats, applied best with straight strokes, not swirls. Check out their website, it walks you through the process --> Zaino (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc)
Hope it helps

Mike

HD-Nate
09-03-2003, 09:18
Another Zaino convert !!!

Dang

motovet
09-03-2003, 18:32
VFRRider, glad to know there are others out there just like me. Makes me feel almost normal! If you have'nt already, try the leather stuff too. It will do wonders for the seats.