PDA

View Full Version : New Shocks - Thanks JK

CTmax
06-24-2003, 05:52
New Bilstein's in all 4 corners. :D :D :D What a difference. I was skeptical, but after reading all the posts I gave them a shot. I am not disappointed. It actually handles like a truck now not a Cadillac. Service from Kennedy was great. Shocks were shipped the same day I ordered them (actually within two hours of ordering). I would highly recommend Bilstein and Kennedy.

ratlover
06-24-2003, 11:42
I was thinking about them but after your comment maybe not.....

I would like my truck to ride like a caddy not a truck. Why cant I have my cake and eat it too? Aint that kinda the point of IFS?

I just dont like that fact my truck rides like a pogo stick :( It takes awhile to settle down and by the time it is I've done something else to make her bob.

Although I guess I am being pretty picky :rolleyes: She rides alot better than the newer Furds and having to wear a mouthpeice to keep my teeth in my head when driving my old 80 3/4 ton got a bit old. It could be worse....maybe I'm getting too soft in my old age :confused: :rolleyes: I did buy a 2500HD after all.....

I did love the way my 97 z71 rode with the factory Bilstens on it....one reason I was considering them again.

BMDMAX
06-24-2003, 13:57
Go with the shocks. I got the Billies from Kennedy also. The truck rides so much better now, you won't be disappointed with them.

It actually smoothed out the smaller more annoying bumps and they handle the loads great. I say go for it. :D

The stock shocks are junk and I could actuate them pretty easily by hand with only 22K miles on them. :mad:

DieselDixon
06-24-2003, 19:22
I have just learned what a huge difference the air pressure plays in the ride of the truck. I've only had my truck for a couple of months and when I picked it up the tires had 45 psi in each tire, real nice ride, like a caddy. Well I just got back from a trailer trip last weekend and had filled the rear tires up to 80 psi and the fronts up to 70 psi, ride was still real nice while pulling the trailer. However, it has been 2 days now since we got back and I have not aired the tires back down yet and boy can I feel it. Every little bump I tell you, rides like a truck again and can't wait to find time to let the air back out.

Take it for what it's worth.

CTmax
06-25-2003, 06:03
That is exactly What I was looking for and the Bilsteins took care of it. I was thinking along the same lines that you are and I am quite Happy, my wife even noticed the difference in the ride. I hated the Pogo stick, (the only way I could explain is the caddy float) the B's smoothed out the ride and make it handle like a dream. My D***E made my back hurt by the time I made my 40 min. drive home from work. With the B's on this truck I want to keep going.

Make the Jump You will not be disappointed.