PDA

View Full Version : Banks Gauges Installed!

ndamico
08-08-2002, 01:37
I got my Banks gauges installed tonight. Many thanks go out to JB for the excellent DIY article! I tapped the boost off the wastegate line, and have seen max boost so far at 21 psi with a bone stock truck except for the amsoil air filter in a stock airbox. Thanks to everyone on the board for all the wonderful help and advice since the purchase of my Dmax. I have updated the pictures on my website if anyone wants to see the Banks gauges.

Silver Bullet
08-09-2002, 10:36
ndamico -
The gauges look good! I have a couple questions...

Are the needles red or orange?

Is the boost gauge really bright or was it just the pic distorting it due to how close you were to the gauge when you took the pic?

Thanks.

ndamico
08-09-2002, 12:54
the needles are reddish-orange. they remind me of the euro-red my VDO gauges had in my old porsche. they match my factory needles 98%. i took the picture late at night after the install. the boost gauges isn't overly bright. it was probably just my crummy digital camera smile.gif i have noticed they both the EGT & Boost are slightly brighter than my dash lights at any given dimmer setting. that can be easily remedied though! if you notice the banks logo is a bit faded on the boost compared to the EGT. they are sending me a replacement boost gauge so the "banks" logos match. that's good customer service! i've also added the "banks power" logos to my truck. i'll post them when i get home today.

mackin
08-09-2002, 14:32
I was wondering what to do with my BANKS logos.......Also my EDGE logos.......Should I tease my dealer? I'm sure there is some guys there that know what it represents.......Haven't been in yet, but how much time if needed do you want to spend chamofloging,before the hook comes.......I think I'll put one (EDGE EMBLEMS) under my juice box with a "GOES HERE" note........
MAC :D

Silver Bullet
08-11-2002, 22:58
Hey Mack...Remember the more stickers you apply the faster it goes!!! :D :D :D

ndamico
08-12-2002, 11:35
I thought that only applied to "Type-R" stickers. :D :D :D

Well i updated my photos of my truck to include the Banks Power logo...now if they'd only release that darn automind i won't bet getting' smoked. I keep waiting for someone to see that i think my truck is pumped... :confused:

thechevyhdman
08-22-2002, 07:52
Ndamico email me if possible ZI have a uestion about your guages. Gmanjr96@aol.com