PDA

View Full Version : First Post & Pics of my truck

BKoopman
10-16-2002, 08:48
Hey Guys, been lurking for quite awhile and finally decided to join in on the fun. I created a PictureTrail account but I am not sure I connected the link correctly in my sig below. In any case, I own a Truck Cap & Accessory shop. We specialize in Perma-Tech spray-on bedliners and A.R.E. caps. I have found a ton of useful info here and look forward to sharing my knowledge.

MABurns
10-16-2002, 10:12
Try wrapping it in when you edit your signature. It also must include your member name.

[ 10-16-2002: Message edited by: MABurns ]</p>

Steve Cornell
10-16-2002, 10:15
Welcome BKoopman,

I'm thinking about the Permatech liner when I pick up my new 03 next weekend.
My truck will be the same color as your, how does the color matched liner hold up.

Where are you located.

Again, welcome to the forum, there is lots of knowledge here

[ 10-16-2002: Message edited by: Steve Cornell ]</p>

BKoopman
10-16-2002, 10:54
I think I have fixed the url to my album as you instructed. This reply will let me know.

BKoopman
10-16-2002, 10:56
Didn't work. I think it is becuase I added a space at the end.

ChaoticRacer
10-16-2002, 12:44
Great looking truck...How do you like the X-terrains? Do they rub anywhere? Were they hard to get ballanced? Have you tried them in the mud yet :D

BKoopman
10-16-2002, 13:28
I love these tires! They seem to be somewhere between an A/T and a M/T. They ride very smoothly...not like the thud-thud that you get from a M/T. They do make a very little noise but you can only really hear it when you have your windows down. My wife didn't even notice it until I asked her about it. They were very easily balanced. It took my buddy at the local Firestone dealer about 1/2 hour to take my stock tires off, mount & balance the new ones, and bolt them back on. I do not have any vibration at all. I had to trim about 1.5 inches off of the inner fender skirt on the drivers side only. It rubbed but only when backing up with the wheel cranked to the right. If you look there is a small ridge on the drivers side that is not on the passengers side. This is to accomodate the windshield fluid tank. After my trimming it is still covered by about 1 inch vs the 2.5 inches it had stock. I had already added 4 turns of the torsion bars (trying to level the ride out a bit) but I have no rubbing. I haven't been into the thick stuff yet but in a very wet grassy/muddy area they pulled thru without needing to drop into 4 HI or LO. I would definitely recommend these tires.

stevem
10-16-2002, 20:04
Nice truck.

Does that grill mount over the factory grill or do you have to cut out the factory section?

Thanks, Steve

BKoopman
10-17-2002, 09:39
You have to cut out the factory cross hatch. It took about 15 minutes using a sawzall. We then took a angle grinder to smooth out all of the barbs that are left. ;)

Jelisfc
10-17-2002, 11:57
BKoopman, did you have to mail order your tires? I'm having a hard time finding anyone in my area that can get them. I want 305/70/16 AT's. Still undecided if I'm going to keep the stock wheels or not.

BKoopman
10-17-2002, 14:49
I sell Explorer Pro Comp (amongst others) so I got them from my distributor. I just checked with them and they have 2 sets of the 305/70/16 A/T. It wouldn't be economical for me to ship them to you though. You can try 4WheelParts.com, they seem to always have them in stock and they are offering free shipping right now. ;)

TxDoc
10-17-2002, 15:21
Very nice truck. I know you are proud of the result!

BKoopman
10-17-2002, 15:24
Thanks to all on the comments about my truck. I am definitely a proud papa. I just love all the looks and gawks I get from the guys in their Dodges and Fords when I pull up and then away from them!!!

DaveRuane
10-24-2002, 08:56
Great looking truck. Too bad that WAAG Frontrunner blocks the PIAAs in the air dam. I have the same air dam but with 40-series PIAAs and the Westin Bull Bar. I don't like the ground clearance reduction that Westin Bull Bars cause. Can you turn those 80-series on on-road or are they too bright for oncoming traffic?

Hammer Down
10-27-2002, 11:15
Great Looking truck! How do you like the maximizer?

BKoopman
10-28-2002, 10:03
DaveRuane,

My PIAAs are actually 520 Fogs. The bar of the WAAG only clips the very bottom (approx 1/2") of the fogs. This in no way effects the useable light pattern of hte fog light. Maybe if they were the driving light it would. I drive around with them on and have no one flash at all. They are also legal to run around with them on since they are yellow when lit. In IL it is illegal to have more than one pair of white lights on the front of the vehicle.

Hammer Down,

I like the Maximizer. I have had no problems with it. In my area, several of the dealers know that I have it installed and no one has questioned it what so ever. It is licensed to be installed by GM dealers. I am currently waiting for the PCM programmer so I can pump up the power even more. ;)