PDA

View Full Version : Swap Denali lights for regular

Diesel Freak
06-21-2003, 21:30
Does anybody know if it's possible to take the headlights out of a Yukon Denali and replace them with standard headlights? I have the JK harness in my Denali, but my pickup just flat lights the road better. I'd like to trade mine out if I can. If anybody with an '03 is interested in trading, let me know. The only kicker is I would have to get your lights first, make the swap, then send mine to you. I can't be without my rig at all.

E-mail me if interested jerry@yellowstonetruckstop.com

Jerry

Professor
06-21-2003, 22:11
I know the replacment Denali lights will drop in. If the OEM lights have the adapter pigtail on the low beam bulb they will interchange. The pigtail is included with the replacement lights. I'm suprised you do not like the Denali lights. I wish I had a spare set to trade you. I can't do without mine either.

Diesel Freak
06-21-2003, 22:57
My set definitely does have the pigtail adapter, I'm using a standard JK light harness on the Denali. As soon as I get a chance I'll swap my pickup and Denali lights just to make sure it will work. The highbeams work great, and I love the look of them. It just seems to me that the lowbeams on my pickup light up the road better. Maybe it's just me, I should swap my lights and run 'em for a few days.

Professor
06-22-2003, 08:24
You might try a different bulb. I've had good results with Sylvania SilverStars or CoolBlue and Wagner Lazer Blue bulb. Others have used Phillips with good results. The Pick-up uses 9006 on the low beams and 9005 on the high, the Denali uses 9005 on both high and low.

You might also try removing the adapter and trying the 9006 bulb in the Denali. I know the wiring plugs are keyed different, but I'm not sure about the bulb-housing contact area.

imported_
06-22-2003, 11:49
you want to trade lights.... i'll even pay for the shipping!

i have been looking for a set of denali lights for my 2500

email me rt10magnum1@excite.com

[ 06-22-2003, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: MaD MaX ]

imported_
06-22-2003, 11:50
bozeman is not that far for me to drive either!

Diesel Freak
06-22-2003, 13:52
Anybody know if the headlights from an '02 are the same as an'03? I don't know if the redesigned front end changed the lights or not.